Solo developer Big Rook Games seeks $80,000 to bring the game to PC, Xbox One & PS4
Big Rook Games is proud to announce the launch of the Kickstarter for the studio’s biggest, most ambitious game yet; Hero Syndrome, an intense third-person shooter/puzzle hybrid. Going live on Tuesday, March 17th at 9 a.m. EST, lead developer Jake Jameson seeks to raise 80,000 USD to bring the game to PC, PS4 and Xbox One in Q4 2020. If stretch goals are met, additional multiplayer maps, modes and graphical upgrades are on the cards.
Check out the game in action in the trailer here.
Hero Syndrome is a true passion project for Jameson. “I’d always dreamt about focusing on game development full time. 2 years of Hero Syndrome development later and the excitement is still there. I know that this formula works, and am excited to start sharing it with others.”
Hero Syndrome will be split into two halves, both centered around an intuitive but powerful construction mechanic. Players will be building walkways, fortifications and puzzle pieces under fire, both in the solo campaign and in a variety of online deathmatch modes for up to eight players. A closed multiplayer alpha is planned for 3-4 months after the Kickstarter, with a backer beta shortly afterwards.
Alongside the Kickstarter, Big Rook Games have released a pre-alpha prototype demo for Hero Syndrome, letting players get a taste of its single-player story mode across three levels, dense with narrative and combat alike. Players will control a combat AI-in-training through a series of virtual test chambers, preparing it for a mission to liberate a Martian colony overrun by murderous mining drones. Download the demo here.
About Hero Syndrome
- Third-person construction combat on a personal scale. Flex your mind and reflexes in focused deathmatch arenas and claustrophobic test chambers packed with hazards.
- Two experiences in one. Frantic construction combat for up to eight players online and a puzzle-centric single-player story.
- A finely tuned construction interface makes building as easy as pointing and shooting your gun. React to threats instantly with practical defenses.
- Master rocket jumping through the air, the best way to get around since the original Quake.
- A compelling and classical sci-fi story penned by Evan Skolnick (Star Wars 1313, Days Gone, Mafia 3) and voiced by a professional cast of actors.
Hero Syndrome launches onto Kickstarter on Tuesday, March 17th, 9 a.m. EST.
For more information on Hero Syndrome, visit its official page here, Kickstarter landing page here, Steam store page here or the community Discord channel here. The pre-alpha demo is available to download here.
For updates on new demo builds, follow Big Rook Games on Twitter here.