A karma based Metroidvania
Toulouse, France –May 20, 2022– Thanks to the support of 3233 backers, indie game development studio Dreamirl exceeded their initial goal of $131,253 and raised $159,098 to fully fund the production of Gold Project on Kickstarter.
After attaining two stretch goals, the finished game will now include new areas, new game modes, a new biome full of creatures, a new boss and an improved game quality.
Gold Project is a karma-based Metroidvania game, in a Dark Fantasy world made of pixel art. To progress in the game, you must choose between Gold and Light. These will define your path in this universe.
In Gold Project, play as Kali, a fighter who once suffered the malice of a god and lost everything. She heads to the City of Gold where she will face off against the God of Greed everyone knows today as the “God of Gold”.
A free-to-play press build-prototype of the game is available so you can enjoy a snippet of the game.
- Venture into a frenetic metroidvania to discover the origin of a world corrupted by gold and populated by abominations.
- Your karma evolves along your actions, closing paths and opening new ones. The progression in Gold Project depends on your choices.
- A light-rpg skill system, one for the light and one for the gold! Oscillate between spell-caster and raw power!
- Alternate between platforming and combat in each zone in a non-linear way with a multitude of epic bosses to fight!
- Enjoy the artistic vision of Camille Unknown who offers striking pixel-art, where gigantism and subtlety are the key words.
- Let yourself be carried away by the musical universe created by the duo Sarys X MisterMV to discover an epic storyline rich in emotions.
- The game will be translated into French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and German (others will be added based on community requests).
- Squad 3.0 Update Launches Amphibious Assault With New Playable Faction, Map, and Game Features - June 23, 2022
- 3on3 Roars onto the Court with New Character, Howl - June 23, 2022
- A 1-bit Metroidvania that combines action, exploration, and puzzles! Astronite is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation in October, 2022. Pre-orders are NOW OPEN! - June 23, 2022