The game from Pocket Llama, a nod to classics such as Earthbound, Final Fantasy, and A Link To The Past, added 10 stretch goals
The Marshmallow Knight thanks all of you for spreading the word about his mighty quest! The action RPGToasty: Ashes of Dusk - which was fully funded within 3 hours of launching - by Top Hat Studios and Pocket Llama closed its Kickstarter campaign getting beyond the 400% funding goal. Thanks to beating the $100,000 mark, the game added one last stretch goal: fully animated cutscenes, more NPCs and additional music, in addition to the other 10 that were cleared. The game will be released on PC, Nintendo Switch (where it will have a special physical edition), PlayStation and Xbox in late 2023.
Toasty: Ashes of Dusk stars Marshall the Marshmallow Knight, an unlikely hero on a quest to stop an all-powerful evil to protect the many friends he has in the magical world of Geldia -- all while discovering the truth of his mysterious origins... such as, why is he a talking marshmallow?
Marshall's quest for identity and to fight evil will take him to all corners of the magical land of Geldia. Toasty stands out thanks to its engaging, tight gameplay with lots of interesting items and… special abilities thanks to Marshall’s, well, marshmallow form! Toasty’s inspirations are childhood classics - beloved games played while growing up such as Final Fantasy, Earthbound, and A Link To The Past. On the shoulders of these giants, Toasty has been built to be something new and refreshing. The game combines sword combat, peculiar items, marshmallow abilities, and seamlessly mixes multiple gameplay modes such as racing, fishing and classic JRPG turn-based combat alongside its more traditional zelda-style gameplay.
- Engage in an exciting journey that will take you across all of Geldia; explore a diverse world filled with unique NPCs, dungeons, and enemies
- Use your marshmallow form to your advantage! Burn, stick, roll, and squish your way through all sorts of sticky, perilous situations… or to just hoodwink bosses!
- Help the inhabitants of Geldia regain their hope by completing side-quests. A surprising selection of mini-games that totally transcend different genres will keep you on your toes!
- Unlock new abilities and items allowing you to complete dungeons, puzzles and access previously inaccessible areas
- A loving tribute to Earthbound, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Final Fantasy
- Coming to Steam, the Epic Games Store, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and the Xbox family. Nintendo Switch version also available for pre-order as a physical version through Kickstarter