Tandem: A Tale of Shadows has been nominated in 4 categories by the Academy of Video Game Arts and Techniques. Emma & Fenton's prestige carries on into Pegases 2022!
Funstock (London, UK) - January 26th, 2022 - Today, Monochrome Paris, Hatinh Interactive, and Funstock, are excited to announce the dark adventure puzzle platformer game ‘Tandem: A Tale of Shadows’ has been nominated in 4 categories in the annual Pegases Ceremony organized by the Academy of Video Game Arts and Techniques!
The Pegases Ceremony showcases video game creations and talents in France to provide a better understanding of the professions of the video game industry and how games are created. We are honoured to announce that Tandem has been nominated in 4 different categories:
- Best Debut Game: Rewards a studio for the quality of its first game.
- Best Game Design: Rewards a video game with exceptional game design thanks to innovative gameplay mechanics.
- Best Artistic Design: Rewards a video game for the exceptional visual rendering from a creative and/or technical standpoint.
- Best Sound Design: Rewards the best music or sound design in a video game.
"We are truly honoured that Tandem has obtained an outstanding 4 nominations at the Pegases 2022. Congratulations to the developers, Monochrome Paris. What an achievement!" says Philippe Dao, CEO & Co-Founder at Hatinh Interactive.
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows Key Features:
- Stunning Art Direction: Discover playful and frightening worlds inspired by Jules Vernes, Conan Doyle, Tim Burton and Victorian era architecture.
- Clever Puzzles: Solve over forty puzzles and obstacles in order to unravel the mystery surrounding Thomas Kane’s disappearance.
- Dual Gameplay: Swap perspectives between Emma and Fenton. Light up the scene and cast shadows as Emma from a top-down view. Walk on shadows projected by Emma’s lantern from Fenton’s side-scroller view.
- Fight with Strategy: Players will face mechanical toy-like enemies and bosses throughout each dimension. Since Emma’s strategy is not to attack, players must rely on their wit to move forward.
- Narrative-Driven Adventure: Players are invited to discover creative and elaborate cutscenes. Clever fans will find hidden rooms that reveal clues about the disappearance of Thomas Kane.
- Diverse Mechanics: Push or pull objects to create shadows. Use alarms and traps to your advantage. Tandem features a variety of interactive elements for players to experiment with.
Survive Kane's murderous manor in this spellbinding universe!
Help Emma and trusted teddy bear Fenton, solve the mystery of the disappearance of Thomas Kane, the only son of the famous Kane Illusionist. 10 year old Emma, intrigued, is determined to investigate! Explore the deserted Kane mansion and use light and shadow to guide Emma and intrigued teddy bear Fenton, to help find Thomas Kane.
Release Date: March 25th, 2022