Experience a new, serene survival indie game about perception in an alien ocean
Bowling Green, Kentucky - January 14th, 2022 | Hitcents and indie developer Moebial Studios are thrilled to announce that Aquamarine is ready to bring players an entirely new gaming experience when it launches for PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam on Thursday, January 20, 2022. Aquamarine offers players an all-new type of survival game that relies on perception and discovery set in an alien ocean. Players will explore a world overrun by nature and have to fight to survive while trying to find a way home in a unique alien world.
Aquamarine brings serenity to the survival adventure genre by using turn-based exploration mechanics and adds in unique features inspired by psychedelic sci-fi of the 70s and 80s. Aquamarine combines the mystery of classic adventures and open-end survival mechanics with elements of exploration, puzzle-solving, and strategy.
Aquamarine is also in active development for console launches later this year.
Players will see for themselves why the press is offering praise for Aquamarine.
PC Gamer: The music is a mixture of warm, lo-fi synths, and with the water-washed colors of the alien world it creates a very relaxing atmosphere. For a game about survival, it's a very chill experience.
RE:BIND: It’s Jacques Cousteau-meets-Jean Giraud with a delightful splash of sailing drama.
- Study and explore a trio of living ecosystems that will require careful study and clever interactions.
- Grow food and craft new tools and tech by using materials with unique attributes.
- Uncover the truth of why you’re here and how to get home again.
Editors: If you are interested in reviewing Aquamarine, please let us know and we’ll be sure to get you a key. If there is anything we can do to help with your coverage of this unique title, please don’t hesitate to ask.
A firm believer that a rising tide lifts all boats - especially in the indie games community - Hitcents are a publisher fuelled by a drive to nurture and support teams that look to do something inventive with their work.
About Moebial Studios
Moebial Studios is a small international artist collective spread throughout Canada, Brazil, England, and the US. Based in Portland, OR, founder Patric Fallon established the studio in 2017, after years spent developing games on his own as a hobby. Aquamarine is the first title from Moebial Studios.
- Squad 3.0 Update Launches Amphibious Assault With New Playable Faction, Map, and Game Features - June 23, 2022
- 3on3 Roars onto the Court with New Character, Howl - June 23, 2022
- A 1-bit Metroidvania that combines action, exploration, and puzzles! Astronite is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation in October, 2022. Pre-orders are NOW OPEN! - June 23, 2022