Tripwire Presents and Torn Banner Studios Start the Yuletide Season Early with the Merry Chivmas Content Update, Free Cross-platform Play Weekend, and Deep Discounts
ROSWELL, Ga. – Dec. 10, 2021 – Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and global retail publishing partner Deep Silver are excited to announce that Chivalry 2, the award-winning multiplayer hit and 2021 nominee for The Game Awards “Best Action” game of the year, will enjoy a free weekend where players everywhere can experience the ultimate medieval battlefield for themselves, free of charge. Available today and ending on Sunday, Dec. 12 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time), Chivalry 2 will be free to download and play with cross-platform support on PC (via Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems.
Today’s free weekend also follows the recent launch of the Chivalry 2: Merry Chivmas content update. Start the holiday season early with holiday-themed maps, weaponized presents, and more until Jan. 7, 2022. In addition, enjoy permanent additions to Chivalry 2, including a new Brawl Mode Cathedral map, War Bow, and over 40 new Armoury items.
To celebrate the free weekend and Merry Chivmas update launch, Chivalry 2 standard and special editions will also be on sale with a 33% discount from now until Dec. 11 on the Epic Games Store, Dec. 12 on the Microsoft Store, and Dec. 13 on the PlayStation Store.
2021 has been a massive year for Chivalry 2. With over 1 million units sold and hundreds of millions of knights slain in battle since the game’s initial launch in June of 2021, there have been a steady series of hot fixes and major content updates released including House Galencourt (August) and Fight Knight (October). But the team at Torn Banner is just getting started on their quest to double the size of the initial game. New content plans are well underway for 2022. Make sure to check out today’s trailer for an advanced look at the Raid on Aberfell team objective map coming soon in early 2022. Initial details on upcoming content can be found in their most recent development roadmap, and on Torn Banner’s active development schedule on Trello.
“When Chivalry 2 first launched this year, we made a commitment to doubling the size and scope of the game with post-launch content updates,” said Torn Banner Studios CEO & Creative Director Steve Piggott. “With our second holiday-themed Merry Chivmas update out now and even more new content planned through the end of 2022, we’re well on our way to meeting that goal. We hope both new and veteran Chiv players enjoy this free weekend.”
Chivalry 2: Merry Chivmas holiday update key features include:
- New Brawl Mode Cathedral Map: Leave your weapons at the door for Brawl Mode, a rowdy weapons-free mode that finds players fighting with fists and found objects scattered throughout the map. Following its debut with the Fight Knight update, the Brawl Mode receives a new Cathedral map, joining The Great Hall and Rudhelm Feast.
- Holiday Decorations: Experience a winter wonderland of holiday themed maps complete with Chivmas trees, decorations and presents, including snowmen, snow forts, and even medieval sleighs that work as weapons.
- Presents with a Punch: Presents spread throughout the maps in the Chivalry 2: Merry Chivmas update aren’t just cosmetic, they’re also useable as weapons. So, share the love by sleighing foes with a gift-wrapped present to the face! Dangerous holiday-themed presents include:
- Snowballs for snowball fights
- Gift wrapped anvil
- Throwable ornaments
- Chivmas Elves
- Wooden toys
- Yule Log
- Stationary Snowman with removable head and limbs
- Special Holiday Helmets:
- Snowman – Decapitate Frosty and wear his head as your own
- Reindeer Helmet – Celebrate the Yuletide with this stylish wicker headpiece
- Santa Hat – Ho ho ho-ld the line in this festive holiday hat
- New Warbow Weapon: This variation of the Longbow deals more damage at the expense of decreased mobility due to its weight.
- 40+ New Armoury Items: Whether your weapon of choice is a two-handed Claymore or a Morningstar mace, there are over 40 new Armoury items
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era from clashing swords and storms of flaming arrows to sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate massive battlefields while catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of Team Objective maps.
Improving on the original genre-defining Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in every way, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a free-flowing combo system to speed up the action and let players become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to fight multiple foes in mind, Chivalry 2’s combat mixes the best of both FPS and fighting game genres for an unmatched melee experience.
Chivalry 2 has an MSRP of $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 MSRP for the Standard Edition or $49.99 / €49.99 / £44.99 for the Special Edition, with an ESRB rating of M for Mature and a PEGI 18 rating. To stay up to date on the latest Chivalry 2 news, please sign up for the newsletter on the official website, follow Tripwire Presents, join the official Chivalry 2 Discord server, and follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Torn Banner Studios
Torn Banner Studios is an exciting independent video game company located in Toronto, Canada. Passion and innovation are the core elements of everything that we do. We are people that truly love games and are lucky enough to be following our dreams, thanks to the incredible support from our community.
We want to go places other companies are afraid to go, because we believe great games begin with the passion of a small group of diehard fans. Those fans have the deepest understanding and appreciation for the subject they love and a vision for how it should be presented in a game. We want to breathe life into that vision and allow more people to appreciate it. We want to take on the challenging ideas that when done well create truly powerful and unique games that are remembered. You say it can’t be done? We say bring it on.
- Circuit: Laser Maze Announces the Hurdles Update - May 16, 2022
- THE ILLUSION NIGHTMARE BY RAVEN GAMES - May 16, 2022
- Fantasy Adventure Game Magnum Quest Adds Awesome New Features and a Massive Giveaway Event - May 16, 2022