December 7th 2021
For immediate release
Fully released in November 2018, the tactical mobile shooter Critical Ops has hit a gigantic milestone.
KAJAANI, Finland - December 7th 2021 - Hardcore mobile gamers are in for a treat as Critical Ops - the most skill-based mobile FPS game - hits 100 million downloads and celebrates it’s 3rd Anniversary.
The 100 million operatives have competed in over 45 million Ranked Matches and played for a total playtime of over 7 900 years during 2021 alone. Check the animated infographic showcasing more data about Critical Ops in 2021:
In order to celebrate, special in-game events are happening in Critical Ops:
- 3rd Anniversary Critical Pass (Battle Pass) with a total of 50 tiers of free and premium rewards. Includes fan favorite weapon skins from previous years such as GSR1911 - Compact, M4 - Naka and TRG22 - Thriller. The limited time Critical Pass is available until December 14th.
- New Assault Rifle AR-15 equipped with a red dot sight has been added to the game. This unique assault rifle enables you to aim down sight for greater accuracy.
- New DEFUSE Map - VILLAGE is arriving soon. The brand new map introduces more verticality in gameplay and is inspired by Turkish architecture.
- Taurus Project 2 event will bring you the latest and greatest marvels in modern weapon and glove skins, as well as the fan favorite free-for-all game mode - Skullhunter
"We're incredibly proud of the ongoing success of Critical Ops. Reaching the 100 million downloads milestone cements the game at the top of the mobile shooter genres" said Veli-Pekka Piirainen, CEO at Critical Force. "This success shows the passion and talent of the team and the engagement and love of our fans."
“Reaching this major milestone is the result of the dedication of the team throughout the Critical Ops’ lifetime. The team achieved this together in close collaboration with our dedicated player base. We have ambitious plans for the coming years to develop the game and activities around it further.” said Oskari Aalto, Chief Product Officer at Critical Force.
The tactical FPS action of Critical Ops has kept the game soaring. With regular content updates, Critical Ops is always expanding with new events, game modes, weapons and maps for players to enjoy.
About Critical Ops
Critical Ops is a competitive tactical shooter for mobile devices. Two teams battle it out in a 5v5 defuse game mode using teamwork, tactics and skills to outplay the opposition. With a growing competitive scene, Critical Ops is one of the early pioneers in mobile esports.
Available for free on the App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore, the game has been downloaded more than 100 million times.
About Critical Force
Critical Force is a game developer based in Kajaani, Finland, that focuses on competitive real-time multiplayer games. The company’s flagship game is the competitive mobile FPS Critical Ops.
- Explore the human body as a vaccine! - January 21, 2022
- New Zombie Apocalypse Thriller ‘Who Is Zombie’ Comes to Steam and Nintendo Switch - January 21, 2022
- ROCCAT onthult Syn Buds Core Gaming Earbuds - January 21, 2022