Players compete for the ultimate prize; to be crowned superstars
Legion TD 2 has today officially announced its Superstar Cup. After its hugely successful launch in October, this marks the first competitive tournament for the game after more than 125,000 new players flocked to the game.
The 12 qualifying Superstar Cup teams, made up of the game’s favorite streamers and influencers, will play 7 games. The top 4 teams will then advance to playoffs for a best of 3 semi-final and best of 5 final.
Set to run from November 27 to 28 (8-11pm CET / 11-2pm PDT), viewers can watch the tournament play out on Twitch. The winners will receive a $1000 prize pool, exclusive Superstar Cup badges, and a chance to go down as the crowned superstars of Legion TD 2.
Coupled with the Superstar Cup tournament, AutoAttack Games have also released a balance patch to ensure teams competing for the crown meet greater variety and balance in both the tournament and on the ladder.
Legion TD 2 is a game of tactics, teamwork, and prediction, with coordination essential for victory in 2v2 and 4v4 team matches. Featuring both a single-player campaign and ranked PvP modes, players command one of eight factions and must defend their lane from waves of attacking NPCs by building and positioning defensive units to prevent enemies from breaking through and harming their team’s last line of defense: their King. With over a hundred units, multiple playmodes and thousands of players online daily, no two matches are alike.
Considered one of the key inspirations for modern autobattlers like Teamfight Tactics and Dota Underlords, the original Legion TD mod helped build the foundations for a whole genre. With over a decade of mod history behind it and seven years of development as a standalone title, Legion TD 2 has achieved its ultimate form, and is available now on Steam for $19.99/€16.99/£15.49.
- Infinite replayability. No two games are the same.
- Finely tuned game balance to ensure strategic variety and competitive fairness.
- 2v2 and 4v4 matchmaking. Party as 1-8 players.
- Single-player and cooperative campaign. Play vs. AI modes.
- AI-based Game Coach gives guidance and tips for all skill levels.
- Accessible for newcomers, but with serious competitive depth.
- Weekly challenges to hone your skills and compete for top score.
- Elo ranking system, leaderboards, and community / official prize tournaments.
- Global servers for cross-region multiplayer.
- No pay to
AutoAttack Games is a fully independent 4-person studio. Brent and Julian have been best friends for over 25 years and have been playing and designing games together since they were kids. Brent is the original creator of Warcraft III’s Legion TD.
AutoAttack Games is:
- Brent ‘Lisk‘ Batas – CEO & Founder
- Julian ‘Jules’ Gari – President & Co-Founder
- Jean ‘Curing’ Go – Art Director
- Daniel ‘Dani‘ Gofman – Engineer
- Tap to the Rhythm in HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! Now Available for iOS and Android - December 8, 2021
- KARTRIDER: DRIFT CLOSED BETA STARTS TODAY - December 8, 2021
- DISCOVER THE STUNNING, LIMITED RUN JOURNEY EDITION OF CALL OF THE SEA - December 8, 2021