Developers Vile Monarch are back with a brand new game that fans of Chinese Parents will enjoy. Growing Up mixes mechanics from RPG, RTS, and visual novel games and is now available on Steam.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 14th, Warsaw, Poland.
Pick your gender and your parents’ appearance and characteristics, or let fate decide for you. Start slow – learn how to crawl and talk, then eventually become a scientist, game developer, or even the president. And in between? Enjoy life in its entirety. All the ups, downs, highlights, and challenges it has to offer. Learn different skills, meet new friends, fulfill your parents’ expectations (or follow your own path), pass or fail exams, get involved in romantic relationships, or don’t. Everything and anything is possible in Growing Up – it brilliantly mirrors all the joys and hardships that come with life.
Watch the Growing Up Launch Trailer HERE.
Get the game on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1191120/Growing_Up/) for $14.99 with a weeklong 10% launch discount. And if you own either Weedcraft Inc or Chinese Parents, you’ll soon be able to enjoy the 20% Royal Discount while purchasing Growing Up. Keep an eye on the game’s Steam page, not to miss it!
ABOUT GROWING UP
Growing Up is a lighthearted and nostalgic story-driven journey through the joys and hardships of life, cleverly incorporating RPG, strategy, and visual novel mechanics to deliver a one-of-a-kind gameplay experience.
Rather than following a protagonist’s typical story, here you’ll be shaping it with the choices you make, skills you master, knowledge you gain, jobs you take, leisure activities you choose, friendships you cultivate, and relationships you build.
Balancing doing well in school, meeting your parents’ expectations, working, volunteering, and simply having fun as a kid will be the key to success. Working too hard will put your mental health at risk, while ignoring your responsibilities will make you perform badly on your exams and heavily impact your future.
With a branching narrative, character customization, entertaining minigames, complex skill trees, character development, and a whole set of colorful NPCs, Growing Up will allow you to see the beauty of life in all its complexity.
GROWING UP – MAIN FEATURES
- A branching narrative. Shape your future with every decision you make, which will echo throughout your entire journey. What to learn, whom to hang out with, how to react in a challenging situation, where to work, what sort of charity to get involved with, etc. The choices you make will not only result in wildly different outcomes – no two playthroughs will be the same – but they will also unlock new locations, characters, and specific features for future offspring.
- Socially important topics. School bullying, kids with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, going through your parents’ divorce, poverty, being rejected, and many more experiences common in our lives are mirrored in the game.
- An in-depth skill system. With more than 200 skills to acquire and master, you will have the ultimate freedom to shape your character’s future and end up with one of 42 unique careers.
- A dynamic gameplay experience. Build your mind and aptitude through entertaining minigames. Master the art of scheduling your daily activities. Ace your way into the best school via challenging exams and build your character by participating in a plethora of extracurricular activities.
- Character customization. Use a wide range of items, including clothing and hairstyles, to give your character a personalized look. The skills you learn will also impact the appearance of your character’s room.
- A colorful cast of 19 independent characters. The stories of the friends you meet during your journey will unfold alongside yours. Forge relationships with them in any way your heart desires and observe the outcomes.
- 90s nostalgia. Lose yourself in lavishly handcrafted scenery straight from the 90s and discover all the Easter eggs and pop culture references hidden in more than 30 locations ready to explore.
- An all-star team. Growing Up is a game with rich storytelling and a unique art style from an all-star team of creators, including Creative Director Daniel Sadowski (director and lead writer on the Gardens Inc. and Dr. Cares series), Art Director Gracjana Zielińska (lead artist on Cinders and Solstice), Kacper Kwiatkowski (designer and writer on This War of Mine), Christian Divine (Life is Strange and Captain Spirit), Matthew Ritter (writer on Tales from the Borderlands and Twin Mirror), Emma Vieceli (comic book writer for Doctor Who and Back to the Future), and Composer Jim Guthrie (Planet Coaster and Reigns: Her Majesty).
Growing Up was developed by Vile Monarch and is now available on Steam. The console and mobile launch date will be announced in the near future.
More information about the game can be found on Steam.
- HoYo FEST Grand Opening in Southeast Asia This November - October 26, 2021
- Seek Out The Ultimate Predators In ‘Prehistoric Hunt’ Roaring With Thrills On STEAM - October 26, 2021
- Goodgame Studios Establishes New Publishing Division; Releases Mobile Real Time Strategy Game War Alliance - October 26, 2021