Demo is available on Steam! The full game will be released in early 2022.
“They Are Here” – is a first-person horror story about a journalist who witnessed an alien abduction at the Grayswood farm. Explore the area armed with a flashlight. Take photos of evidence of aliens’ presence and get to the bottom of the horrifying truth.
Unexplained phenomena occurred at Grayswood Farm. On the night of August 7th, the Sherman family witnessed bright lights in the sky that moved at a breakneck speed over the cornfield. The lights moved in a random direction and at different speeds, after a while they vanished. This strange behaviour in the sky was observed at night, at the same time, for 5 days. According to the owner of the farm, all the animals went crazy, the dog became aggressive, tried to attack him and bit him. Children complained that someone was walking under their windows. Farmer Peter Sherman himself, in the field, saw a strange figure that did not look like a man. What is it? Deliberate deception? Drawing attention to oneself? Or a sensation about an alien invasion? Journalist Taylor Fox travels to Grayswood Farm to make a photo report for a local newspaper.
• Explore. Light the path with a torch. Look into dark barns and cruise the night fields.
• Take pictures. Photograph the evidence of alien presence and paranormal activity.
• Study. Find the records of the Sherman family and learn the horrifying truth.
We are working on this game with my wife. We are big fans of horror, sci-fi and disaster movies. We especially love films about aliens, for example: Signs, Dark Skies, War of the Worlds and many others.
We decided to look at the references, and realized that we could not find any good horror games about aliens, although this is an amazingly interesting topic. We were very excited and started working on the game more seriously. We want to make an alien abduction horror, in the style of the movie Signs or Dark Skies. We deliberately use some “clichés” from the cinema to evoke a sense of nostalgia. For example, cornfields, implants behind the ear, gray aliens, etc.
When people play our demo, they often say that they are big fans of horror movies about aliens, but they cannot remember a single horror game on this topic. I think we definitely got into some layers of people who like this topic and who want to get this experience in a video game.
- Steam page (with demo) – https://store.steampowered.com/app/1547540/
- Trailer #1 (YouTube) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyUvrPVDLJQ
- Demo Walkthrough – https://youtu.be/DHAtMaAnOlI
- GameJolt Page – https://gamejolt.com/games/TheyAreHere/589101
- IndieDB Page – https://www.indiedb.com/games/they-are-here
- Explore the human body as a vaccine! - January 21, 2022
- New Zombie Apocalypse Thriller ‘Who Is Zombie’ Comes to Steam and Nintendo Switch - January 21, 2022
- ROCCAT onthult Syn Buds Core Gaming Earbuds - January 21, 2022