Historic trade sim plots course for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, adds stunning visuals, real-time weather effects and cross-gen save
Title:Port Royale 4
Platforms:PS5, Xbox Series X|S
Developer:Gaming Minds Studios
Release:10/09/21 – PS5, Xbox Series X|S
Out now – PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch™
Bracknell, UK – (30 July, 2021) – Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios have today announced that seafaring trade simulator Port Royale 4 will arrive on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on the 10th of September. The next-gen versions of the game include upgraded visuals and performance, cross-gen save functionality, and enhanced lighting and weather simulation. A brand-new trailer showcasing the improvements can be viewed below.
Featuring a stunning 4K game world on PS5 and Xbox Series X (1080p on Xbox Series S), cross-gen save capability and real-time cloud rendering, Port Royale 4 for next-gen consoles gives players the most detailed and true-to-life 17th century trading experience to date. The game will arrive in both standard and extended digital editions – the latter featuring exclusive digital content such as 4 lighthouses and the blueprints to 5 magnificent parks with which players can decorate their settlements. There will also be a boxed Extended Edition available at retail.
In Port Royale 4, set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. Take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor and learn what it takes to manage and grow a small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of multiple cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfil tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
In Port Royale 4, combat encounters are turn-based, with up to 8 ships battling at once. Turn the tide with tactical captain manoeuvres to ensure a glorious victory each and every fight.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles
- Four single player campaigns following each nation on a path to glory
- Appoint a leader from four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes
- Choose from 50 buildings to produce goods such as rum and luxuries
- Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the happiness of your citizens
- Sail 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains
- Unlock licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships by growing reputation within your chosen nation
For more information, please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
- Critically Acclaimed Monster Catcher ‘Nexomon’ Launches Today! - September 19, 2021
- PUBG NEW STATESURPASSES 40 MILLION PRE-REGISTRATIONS AS PRE-ORDERS OPEN UP IN INDIA - September 19, 2021
- The Jackbox Party Pack 8 Comes to Consoles PC on October 14! - September 19, 2021