Releasing today for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation®5
Cologne, July 15, 2021 – Headup are happy to announce their upcoming narrative adventure, Lost At Sea and will open its beautiful, but surreal islands today. Players can delve into an emotional journey about life, loss, love and reminisce about the past and future. Lost At Sea will be available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation®5 at a price of € 14.99. Steam users will receive a 10% release discount.
The story is about Anna, a woman in her mid-50’s. Thirty years ago, she met her husband, Andrew and they wished for a child, but that took way longer than expected. They had almost given up hope when it happened after all, and Danny was born. Sadly, nine years later, Danny died in a terrible boating accident with a friend. Years later after the tragedy, Anna also loses Andrew to early dementia. After Andrew nearly dies too, she becomes aware that she cannot provide the help he really needs. So, Anna leaves the house and starts processing her feelings on an island she created in her mind, similar to the one that cost Danny his life.
With Lost At Sea, Studio Fizbin created a game about universal themes focusing on life and death, coming to terms with your past and family. Set on a beautiful island, this game will force you to face your fears and take stock of your life through imaginative minigames and a relatable story. What are the most important moments of your life, and how do you want to live it?
Studio Fizbin are the critically-acclaimed creators of the beloved The Inner World adventure franchise and the studio behind the 2020 IGF honorable mention Minute Of Islands.
You can find Lost At Sea on Steam, the Microsoft Store, and the PlayStation®Store. Also, feel free to check out Studio Fizbin’s Twitter page.
There’s also a new release trailer: https://youtu.be/UqEXdiqHgpw
About Lost At Sea
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans” – John Lennon
Lost At Sea tells the story of Anna, who, in the later stages of her life, has come to be alone. To live her new future, she will first have to take stock of her past. Construct her memories by finding objects and solving puzzles on a strange island, and face the question we all face eventually: “Did I do it right?”
In Lost At Sea players experience poignant moments in Anna’s life, moments that we can all relate to, moments that make us all wonder how life can suddenly take a hold of us, instead of the other way around.
Set on a mysterious island, where every biome represents a phase of life, you will explore your surroundings and solve riddles to reclaim memories. All the while your fears are chasing you, trying to trap you in your misery and prevent you from moving on. In the end, this is a game about the things you want to remember, the things you wish for and about life as a whole.
- A personal story: Experience moments from someone’s life first-hand and help the main character relive and re-assess them to move on
- Island of the mind: Explore the different phases of life, each of them with their own beautiful biome on the island
- Beautiful memories: Gorgeous illustrations capture the essence of the most important moments in Anna’s life, while elaborate sound design brings her deepest fears to life
- Face your fears: Did I make the right choices? Did I fail my loved ones? As Anna, face all fears head-on, or walk away from them until you’re ready
- Game to remember: Unlock memories with specifically designed minigames and puzzles that capture these memories in unique gameplay
- ASYMMETRICAL CO-OP SPY GAME FOR TWO, OPERATION: TANGOADDS FREE CHALLENGE DLC ON ALL PLATFORMS - October 17, 2021
- Cosmic horror meets resource management – Theatre of Sorrows announced for Steam and Nintendo Switch - October 17, 2021
- Bidstack x Illusion Labs - October 17, 2021