The ecological civilization simulator also includes a massive launch update
6th May, Berlin, Germany – Indie game studio Serious Bros. have released a new trailer to announce that their strategic sci-fi management sim Imagine Earth is coming to Xbox One soon, as well as unveiling the full PC release date after seven (count ‘em, seven) years in Steam early access. The game will launch on Steam on May 25th.
In Imagine Earth, players must protect and nurture a fledgeling space colony while wrestling against the looming threat of climate change. Supply resources and energy, establish trade, research new technologies, form alliances and wage economic warfare in a real-time battle for sustainable survival.
The game entered Early Access in May 2014, and has been growing ever since, with updates coming approximately once a month. The final launch update will be one of the biggest to date, with additions including the ‘World Congress’ – a democratic allegiance containing every faction on the planet, brought together by the threat of a climate crisis and environmental collapse.
You can watch the brand new launch trailer here.
- Carbon footprint: Earth has been destroyed by ecological collapse – will your new home go the same way? Keep your worldwide emissions to a minimum, or else suffer rising sea levels, freak weather events, and more.
- Boldly Go: Imagine Earth is a real-time planet simulation and a build up strategy game. Your job as a space colony manager is to explore distant planets, build up profitable colonies, and trade resources into space.
- Many ways to play: A multi-planet story campaign, ‘competition’ mode with five enemy factions, ‘endless’ mode with endless procedurally generated challenges, and a Planet Editor with custom building and terraforming.
- Hold the line: Use tower defence mechanics to protect your colony from invading aliens, marauding space pirates, and swarms of locusts.
- Hostile takeover: Form alliances with other colonies and intergalactic traders, trade shares or wage crafty economic warfare to secure total financial dominance for your planet.
‘The Climate crisis is everybody’s problem,’ says developer Jens Isensee. ‘By making it a fundamental part of the game – by putting the fate of the environment in the player’s hands – we hope we can highlight these issues and discuss solutions.’
About Serious Bros.
Serious Bros. was founded in Germany in 2014 by good chums Martin Wahnschaffe and Jens Isensee, with the ambition to make something special: a compelling strategic sim with a heartfelt environmentalist message. Since then they’ve been working as a team to make Imagine Earth the best game it possibly can be, with help along the way from the composers Tilo Alpermann, Zevik Perry and Illustrator Marko Fiedler and the programmers Rico Possienka and Alex Leps.
- The developers behind the House Flipper are announcing their collaboration with Displate! - June 18, 2021
- Arcade Space Shooter is now available for Nintendo Switch with two shoot’ em up games! - June 18, 2021
- GEAR UP YOUR SHU FAMILIAR FOR HIGH-LEVEL COMBAT WITH NEW ARTIFACT SYSTEM IN LATEST A3: STILL ALIVE UPDATE - June 18, 2021