After thousands of downloads and climbs since last year’s Steam Summer Festival, the ‘get as high as you can’ platformer developed by PixelConflict is stacking it’s way up to a full Steam launch later this year.
UDINE, Italy – April 26th, 2021: Italian indie developer studio PixelConflict are today announcing that their exhilarating debut title, Stack Up! (or dive trying), is set to launch later this year and is officially available for wishlisting on Steam now. PixelConflict was founded in 2021 by three friends from the North of Italy, who got together to start the project at the beginning of the first Italian lockdown in March last year.
One year on, and Stack Up! is almost ready for launch. (Here’s some brand new art to start celebrating!)
Did you say Stack Up! (or dive trying)?
Stack Up! is a light hearted and intense stack-your-way-up platformer with varying difficulty levels all made for casual play or record breaking runs. The objective is simple, get as high as you can and NEVER touch the water below you. Players can go at it solo or put their pride on the line by challenging friends and frenemies, all whilst planning smartly, treading carefully and quickly building their way up with the objects falling around them. The goal? Stack up, have fun and break records… or dive trying, of course.
Check out the teaser trailer here.
- Solo and multiplayer modes: There’s fun for everyone, with a range of increasing difficulties players can take on the game solo to sharpen their skills, play for laughs or glory versus their friends and even aim to conquer global ‘Heightscores’ to carve their name as Stack Up! (or dive trying) legends.
- More combinations than a Swedish furniture store: The game throws it all at you, with tons of unique falling objects of different shapes and sizes, from harmless fridges and sofas to catapulting trampolines and dangerous sticky desks. Remember, strategy is really important, especially if you’re trying to get super high!
- POWERUP!: Keep an eye out for marked boxes as you may be in for a refreshing power up – the game throws helpful beverages your way to assist you in your climb, from temporarily pausing the rise of the deadly water below, to turning a small jump into a real leap.
- Customisation: We’re bringing boxes back! Unlock a wide range of completely free and tradeable hats and hammers as you continue to play, to customize your character and make him feel awesome.
“Before the beta, Stack Up! (or dive trying) was just being played by us three developers, so we were left really surprised when we released the beta into the world and saw it get thousands of downloads, with people even beating our heightscores!” said Davide Jensen, co-founder of PixelConflict. “We really can’t wait to see what people think of the game in it’s full form.” he continues, as the team will soon reveal the game’s official release date.
PixelConflict is a young Italian game development studio founded by three friends in 2021, who came together to take their passion for creating fun and challenging games to the next level. The three are now on their quest to launch their debut title, Stack Up! (or dive trying) on Steam, available to wishlist now.
To find out more about PixelConflict, you can:
Visit the website: https://pixelconflict.com/
- Change may be happening to keep them notifications turned on - June 19, 2021
- Bear’s Restaurant is now available on NintendoSwitch™. The original soundtrack is also available starting today!! - June 19, 2021
- Herd Cats, Mince Humans and Reimagine Civilization in 5 New Demos from HeroCraft PC - June 19, 2021