“Politics is not a game. It is an earnest business.”
London, 23rd April 2021 – Games have been making serious points about politics for many years. We created this bundle to highlight some of the finest examples, games which make important, interesting and entertaining commentary about the world of politics. They bring to the fore the typical tactics, the use of propaganda, the corruption of ideals through best-in-class game design and writing. They immerse the players in the dilemmas of power.
The Dairymen are proud to have been able to curate this list and co-create the Keep Your Politics bundle from six different talented indie developers.
These games span a variety of gameplay genres and tell stories from different spaces and times – imagined and real. But all of them have important messages to share about the powers controlling politics and the people trying to survive its effects.
The games in the Keep Your Politics bundle are:
- Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
- Not Tonight
- 1979 Revolution: Black Friday
- Headliner: NoviNews
- Bury Me, My Love
- and Orwell’s Animal Farm
The Keep Your Politics bundle of six indie games is a Complete-The-Set Steam bundle with a 10% discount. Various additional discounts (up to 75% off) are available for each game this weekend to introduce the bundle – check out the page for more details!
Keep Your Politics Steam games bundle link: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/20653/
Press contact: [email protected]
More about the six indie games in the Keep Your Politics bundle:
- Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You: Big Brother has arrived – and it’s you. Investigate the lives of citizens to find those responsible for a series of terror attacks. Information from the internet, personal communications and private files are all accessible to you. But, be warned, the information you supply will have consequences.
- Not Tonight: Person of European Heritage #112: Welcome to Relocation Block B, your new home. Your designated role is ‘Bouncer’. Work hard, stay out of trouble, and we might let you stay in the UK.
- 1979 Revolution: Black Friday: 1979 Revolution: Black Friday is a choice driven, narrative game that brings players into the brooding world of a nation on the verge of collapse. Play as Reza, an aspiring photojournalist, and make life and death decisions as you survive the gritty streets of Iran in the late 1970’s.
- Headliner: NoviNews: Award-winning adventure where you control the news and its impact on society, your friends and career. Different choices lead to unique combinations of endings. Share your story with the community, and see what the players before you did.
- Bury Me, My Love: Bury me, my Love tells the story of Syrian refugee Nour and her husband Majd, as Nour undertakes a perilous journey to safety in Europe.
- Orwell’s Animal Farm: Orwell’s Animal Farm is a text-based choice-driven narrative game where all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. Immerse yourself in George Orwell’s story of absolute power and corruption and follow the ups and downs of Animalism.
- HoYo FEST Grand Opening in Southeast Asia This November - October 26, 2021
- Seek Out The Ultimate Predators In ‘Prehistoric Hunt’ Roaring With Thrills On STEAM - October 26, 2021
- Goodgame Studios Establishes New Publishing Division; Releases Mobile Real Time Strategy Game War Alliance - October 26, 2021