TEMPE, AZ – On April 23rd, Lone Pine Games is releasing our latest branded, feature-packed update for NewCity, The Tourism Update. Our style is a metropolis with populations in the millions, but an aesthetic straight out of the late 90’s. Lone Pine Games is proud to announce the release of our Tourist Update, adding visitors and attractions for all mayors to explore! Download it for Windows or Linux on our website, http://lonepine.io/.
Watch the Trailer on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyzXB4QASbU
Tourism Update Features
- Tourists! Citizens from neighboring cities will drive over, assuming you build a connecting road, those citizens will visit areas in your city that provide Tourism bonuses
- Birds for Scale! Enjoy the wanderer system and watch birds and boats go by. Keep an eye out for blimps once you get those skyscrapers.
- New Tutorial! Newcomers and experienced players alike will enjoy our revamped early game teaching tools, including additions to our in-game wiki resource, the “Citipedia”.
- Sandboxing! Our new Scenario Editor (previously known as Test Mode) gives players free reign to terraform their maps as they please. Create archipelagos or sprawling mountain ranges to your heart’s content.
- Free Updates! This update is one of many on our path to release out of Steam Early Access in Q4 2021. Our price point will never increase from $19.93USD; not only as an homage to SimCity 2000’s release year but also to create the greatest city-building simluation game.
You’re the Mayor; you lead your city with impunity. There are no councilmembers here—every decision, every victory, every setback…it all comes down to you. Build from the ground up, from a rural town to a metropolitan jewel, and call every shot along the way.
Plan For Traffic
Create highway networks. Carefully place your city’s roads to create the circulatory system that keeps it humming. Make sure to leave room for upgrades once your citizens outgrow the humble two-lane road…
Parks, Museums, Schools, and Skyscrapers.
Build a livable city for that sweet, sweet tax revenue. Add all the amenities to keep your citizens happy. Cultivate a towering city center and win world-renown. The badge of honor for cities across the globe are towers of steel and glass that reach forth to touch the sky itself.
Balance the Budget
From careful planning to emergency fixes, there is no Finance Director to delegate. Manage well to keep your city in the black. Sustainable growth is the key. Don’t overextend yourself; the economy can be a fickle beast!
As always, NewCity includes:
- Simulated cities of immense sizes
- Economic simulations down to the dollar
- Steam Workshop and modding support
- Bi-weekly updates
- Discord and Reddit communities
NewCity on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1067860/NewCity/
About Lone Pine Games
Lone Pine Games is a five-person game development team spanning the entire Western Hemisphere. We successfully crowdfunded our project at the end of 2019 on Indiegogo and launched our project in June 2020. This is our passion project; we are dedicated to providing an authentic gameplay experience reminiscent of the late 1990s and early 2000s.We can be contacted for press/business inquiries at [email protected].