Demon Turf debuts during [email protected] Showcase – play it now!
Just a few weeks after lifting the lid on its first foray into the world of publishing, Playtonic Friends and development partner Fabraz are excited to announce its debut release will be the exceptional 3D platformer, Demon Turf
Reveal Trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR2KcRMxWyM
Taking the role of Beebz, a mere 1000 year old demon, players must reclaim the numerous “turfs” of the Demon world, defeat the Demon King and claim the throne for themself.
Revealed during today’s [email protected] showcase event, Demon Turf brings a truly fresh take on the platform genre with it’s hybrid 2D/3D art style, a world chock-full of humor and style, punky attitude and incredible focus on replayability & ever-evolving challenge.
But don’t take our word for it – go try it right now!
Every week, the team at Fabraz introduces a brand new “demo” of the game on Steam. Except it’s not a demo in the usual sense – Demon Turf Trials throws down a new challenge and presents a fresh leaderboard for players to climb. Make it to the top of the board and be immortalised with a personal portrait in the main game (plus a winners only, limited edition T-shirt)!
Trials also offers a full tutorial and two complete main levels of the full game. All free to play!
Demon Turf is a unique offering with its community & replayability at the very core of its essence – beyond the weekly Demon Turf Trials the full game will also boast:
- Self placed checkpoints – Show off without them for a perfect run, or place one in preparation for a challenging section. You can even teleport between these checkpoints if you missed a collectable along the way!
- Return Levels – a brand new take on progression, take a victory lap and explore previously beaten levels to discover their liberated state, with plenty of mechanical and environmental changes to uncover
- Physics driven combat – How do you defeat the demon hordes when none of your own attacks are actually lethal?A special physics-driven combat system that ramps up the chaos and fun. Push, pull and spin your enemies out of your way and down cliffs or into spikes.
- Mouth Watering amount of side content – 50 specific locations/characters to line the walls of an empty gallery. Fend of 25 arena challenges worth of enemy waves. Tackle 10 Demon Soccer Golf courses that put a bizarre twist on ball-pushing puzzles. Collect 8 cartridges to unlock remixed throwback levels from glorious 3D platformers of the past
Fabian Rastorfer, Game Lead and Artist at Fabraz, commented “I’ve always wanted to create a 3D Platformer, they’ve been my favourite genre all my life, having grown up playing all of the notable ones on pretty much every console! With our 2D platformer, Slime-san, we received a lot of praise for what we brought to 2D precision based platforming so we really wanted to see if we can translate the spirit of what made Slime-san great into a 3D Platformer”.
“Demon Turf was one of the titles that made us want to set up our new publishing arm” added Gavin Price, CEO of Playtonic “our aim was always to partner with those developers who make the kinds of games we love to play or we wish we’d come up with first which is exactly how we felt when we first played Slime-San so then when the Fabraz team showed us what they had in store with Demon Turf; the community focus, the reams of content and just somethin really fresh & new; we absolutely had to get involved”
Demon Turf will launch on PC (Steam and Epic Games Store), Nintendo Switch and Xbox One & Series S/X in Summer 2021 – check out the latest Demon Turf Trials challenge every Thursday!
Playtonic Friends Twitter: @PTonicFriends
Playtonic Twitter: @PlaytonicGames
For further information for, please contact:
Stefano Petrullo – Renaissance PR
[email protected] +44 (0) 7828 692 315
Greg Jones – RenaissancePR
[email protected] +44 (0) 7867 788 079
– ENDS –
About Playtonic Friends
Playtonic Friends is the new publishing label from independent video game developer Playtonic. Founded by the creative talent behind some of the most popular platform games of the past (including Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie), Playtonic’s aim is to bring fun games that everyone loves to play to new and old audiences alike across multiple platforms!
The core team of veterans mixed with fresh, youthful talent has collectively notched up hundreds of years of video game development. The studio’s first release as Playtonic was Yooka-Laylee, launched in April 2017, and funded as a result of Europe’s biggest video game Kickstarter! Playtonic is based in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent, within easy commuting distance of larger cities such as Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham.
- The Season of the Warlock - May 15, 2021
- The Hand of Merlin - May 15, 2021
- Welcome to Kainga: Seeds of Civilization, a Roguelite Village-Builder Set in a World Full of Mystery and Surprise. - May 15, 2021