“Turn-Based Communication RPG” lets players explore a surreal version of Kowloon Walled City and fight or befriend its inhabitants.
Amsterdam based developer Studio [notes.] has announced that the Kickstarter campaign for their first game, Kowloon’s Curse, will launch on March 23. The game is planned for release on PC, iOS, and Android. A demo has been released on PC and Android in January.
Along with this announcement, Studio [notes.] has released a new trailer for the game, showing new content not featured in the demo.
Below is an overview of the game:
From Studio [notes.] comes Kowloon’s Curse, a new type of horror RPG.
Kowloon’s Curse is a turn-based horror RPG inspired by Japanese adventure games from the Dreamcast era.
You have been brought to a surreal recreation of Kowloon Walled City by a mysterious entity known only as Mr. Kowloon. As you plot your way out of the cursed city, you will have to fight and befriend the various inhabitants of the city, and find out the true purpose behind Mr. Kowloon’s actions.
One playthrough of the game will take about 6 hours, but multiple playthroughs are recommended to experience the full story. The game will have 3 completely different story routes, with different events and characters.
- Talk with characters in a battle system inspired by old Megami Tensei games. There are over 100 characters in the game to meet and interact with!
- Befriend characters and call them for help in later battles.
- Collect and use a wide variety of items in battle. From having enemies damage themselves by letting them smoke a cigarette, to feeding them batteries, there are many ways to handle fighting!
- Uncover the mystery of Kowloon through multiple story routes.
- Your actions influence what characters you will meet on your journey through Kowloon, and what areas you will visit.
- No advertisements, microtransactions, or other distractions.
Kickstarter announcement trailer:
- HIBER HITS 1 MILLION GAMES CREATED MILESTONE - May 14, 2021
- Woven on Mobile! - May 14, 2021
- Karma. Incarnation 1 is out now on Xbox One, PS4 and Switch! - May 14, 2021