Developer Razbury Games has today released a new trailer and announced an upcoming Kickstarter for its cooperative collectible card-crawler Wastenauts. The title – formerly named “From Rust” – wraps familiar card game mechanics in a new, cooperative multiplayer experience and a compelling story set in a wasteland apocalypse.
In Wastenauts, robots have taken over Earth, and humanity has been forced to flee to city-ships hovering just above the surface. Players take on the role of Divers, mercenaries hired to parachute down to the surface and gather resources for the floating cities. Once there, they have a limited amount of time to grab what they can and head back to the sky.
While hunting for salvage, players can make use of a library of ability cards, craft gear to gain the upper hand, and augment their attacks in dozens of different ways. Along the way they’ll find mechs, hostile scavengers, and other baddies in the deck to fight. Coordination, strategy, and using the right tools is the only way to make it to the end of the deck. Players can play alone or with a team of friends – the game supports up to 4 player co-op, with each player bringing their own characters and cards.
Limitless combos are available as characters team-up with each other. Players can also build their own adventures by unlocking monster cards, increasing their loot by raising the difficulty. Features include:
- A cast of unique characters each with their own abilities, gear, and emotional baggage
- Hundreds of cards to unlock, including that one rare card that everyone has but you
- Adventure Mode – we bring the deck, you bring the monsters. The harder you make the game, the more rewards. If you win, of course.
- A leveling system complicated enough for the most die-hard min-maxers
- Wastenauts is for 1-4 players with fully online co-op. An alpha will run the duration of the Kickstarter campaign (whether or not you back the game), scheduled to start on March 23, 2020. Media preview keys are available by emailing the contact below.
About Razbury Games
Razbury Games is an independent studio based in New York City. Founded by Dean Razavi, a lawyer-turned-game-designer, the company develops original games such as Vidar, and provides contract game production services to other independent studios.