Guardian Tales' new roadmap showcases plans from now up until later this year, with tons of feedback being implemented, along with new modes like co-op, World Adventure Mode, and Top Arena. Read on for the extensive breakdown and images shared earlier this week by Kong Studios.
- World Adventure Mode, Co-op, and a host of new features are set to release over the coming months in Guardian Tales!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands — February 19, 2020 — This week Kakao Games announced a Season 2 roadmap for Guardian Tales, highlighting Kong Studios’ direction and implemented feedback set to roll out in 2021!
Please note dates mentioned are for the Korean server and global release dates may differ.
In World Exploration Mode, explore the world wide map to encounter numerous events, rewards, and enemies.
- Each world has a powerful ‘World Boss’ which heroes will have to defeat to carry forward
- Besides combat, each world has numerous events for every hero
- Earn special rewards by participating in events
- Players can earn ‘merch material’ from playing in World Exploration Mode
3D printing will also be added to Guardian Tales as a part of this update. This addition can be found in the blacksmith workroom.
- Players can create numerous pieces of ‘merch’ from material gained in World Exploration Mode
- Merch is a new type of equipment item that can be equipped once per hero
- Equipping merch grants numerous stats and special options
- With a small chance, a ‘Super Costume’ can be earned while creating merch.
- Super Costumes change the illustration of the character’s pixel art
After bug fixes and quality improvements from beta test feedback, co-op will now be an official addition to Guardian Tales! Co-op will be a rotating weekly event in the Arena, with constant updates and improvement plans expected, based on further feedback from the community. The co-op map will change each season with plans for a Speedrun mode to be added during Season 2.
Changes to Co-op Rewards
- Co-op rewards will now be similar to Arena rewards
- Reward accumulation time will change from 24 hours to 48 hours
- However, on Sundays it will be 24 hours.
- A week consists of three 48 hour periods and one 24 hour period
- Clear rewards for the highest level of dungeon can be stacked 3 times for each reward accumulation time
- During reward accumulation time, players can earn all the rewards by clearing the dungeon with 3 different heroes
- If you played many times with a single hero, only the highest record will be accepted
Kama-ZONE is getting some changes for Season 2 and will no longer be restricted by tickets. Players can enjoy this mode at any time with the endless floor format being changed to a finite one.
- The difficulty of Kama-ZONE will change, but can be selected when entering
- The rewards change with difficulty
- The rewards system will change
- Rewards earned by clearing each node can now be earned by clearing the boss node of each floor
- Each floor reward cannot be earned more than once and will reset every 3 days
- Artifacts now last for a season and can be earned and upgraded using exclusive coins obtained by progressing through the Kama-ZONE
- These will not disappear even after leaving the dungeon, or when rewards are reset
- These rewards do not take up space in the Artifact Inventory
Each hero can be faithful to a total of 5 gods in step 4 of Guardian Tales Season 2. With an increasing faith level for each god, the hero will be granted holy power to match that.
- ‘Relic’ will be added as a reward earned from Adventure, World Exploration, and events
- Faith Level for a specific god can be raised by gifting a relic to that god
- There is a limit of up to 5 different Faith Levels which can be combined and reassigned
- Hero tendency will affect attraction for each Faith
- A faith that does not fit the hero will be hard, or even impossible, to level up
- Using Hero Reset will return all used relics
Arena League Division
- Arena will be divided into multiple leagues
- League Assignment will be decided at the start of the season
- All leagues are equal without upper or lower divisions
- Season ranking rewards will be based on the ranking within a league
Top Arena System
- Top Arena will start after the Arena season is over and lasts a week with co-op
- Admission to Top Arena is granted to Guardians who placed with a high ranking during the season
- Guardian Level is fixed at Max level in Top Arena
- Ban and Pick System will be added in Top Arena
- Each player will ban 1 hero
- Each player selects their hero in order
- When the selection is over, each player will decide the hero order in the match.
- Hero order will not be revealed to the opponent until the match starts
- Top Arena battle results will be available to everyone
- Top Arena rewards will not be significantly bigger than normal Arena
Many Guardians have requested a Replay Mode for Guardian Tales’ Story Mode. We are designing the replays so that they will not only let players relive each stage, but also experience a perfect reimagination to regrant most of the rewards that were given previously. However, artifacts in-game and quests intertwined in many worlds made it hard to create the Main Story Replay. This development roadmap will start with Side Story reversion, then Side Story Replay, and lastly the Main Story replay.
- First reversion update is ‘21 Kanterbury Street’, and it will be updated along with the update on March 9th (Tuesday).
- To apply the Side Story Reversion System, you cannot enter the Side Stories starting from February 17th (Wednesday) 14:00 KST/06:00 CET/05:00 UTC/21:00 PST.
- When reverted, you can re-earn all the rewards again by completing each stage, however, cards and costumes cannot be earned again.
New guild content is also planned by Kong Studios during Season 2 of Guardian Tales. The development team is coming up with numerous ideas while creating and testing prototypes.
- Current ideas being tested are Guild Exploration, Guild War, and Guild Co-op.
- This prototyping will take time, but the team are aiming for Summer 2021 as the goal
- Guild System Reforms will still be updated regularly before summer as well
The above roadmap reflects where Guardian Tales is set to go from now until Summer 2021. The Kong Studios’ team is excited to share more, including info on the first world of Season 2 in mid-April.
About Guardian Tales
Guardian Tales is a new game from Kong Studios that unites charming pixel art graphics and action-adventure dungeon crawling linked together by a journey traveling a rich diversity of worlds, inspired by the history of gaming.
About Kong Studios
Kong Studios, Inc. is a startup headquartered in Silicon Valley of the U.S. The studio focuses on developing games with unique and new gameplay perspectives. The studio has so far released Dungeon Link and is now working on Guardian Tales for worldwide service.
About Kakao Games B.V.
Kakao Games Europe B.V. is a leading online games publisher. Founded in 2015, Kakao Games is currently focused on publishing the critically acclaimed MMORPG Black Desert Online in North American and European markets. Kakao Games Europe is headquartered in Amsterdam.
- UBISOFT DETAILS its revamped TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX European Challenger League Qualifiers - April 17, 2021
- SLICE-OF-LIFE YURI VISUAL NOVEL, “PERFECT GOLD”, RELEASES TODAY! - April 17, 2021
- RIDE 4 IS NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON LUNA - April 17, 2021