Developer Joy Way is delighted to announce the launch of its parkour and combat game STRIDE on the Oculus store today.
Called “A worthy Mirror’s Edge VR tribute” by UploadVR, STRIDE is a high octane VR game which fuses parkour and combat to create one of the most nail-biting virtual reality experiences available. Joy Way wants to put players in the shoes of a master free-runner as they vault, swing, roll, and shoot through an intense, action-packed adventure.
STRIDE has been available in Steam via the Early Access program, but is launching in full on the Oculus store today. The game will then leave Early Access on Steam a few days later, on November 4th.
STRIDE launches on Oculus with three game modes:
- Endless mode: Infinite procedural level generation provides unlimited challenging terrain to traverse.
- Arena mode: A spacious arena with waves of enemies. Perfect for practicing tricks across a varied terrain and refining shooting skills.
- Time Run. Perfect for testing parkour-at-speed skills in a race against the clock.
A full story mode update is planned for release in 2021.
Joy Way has painstakingly crafted an homage to parkour which feels incredibly close to the real thing. Designed specifically for virtual reality play, the rush of leaping across impossibly wide gaps over dizzying heights is replicated perfectly in STRIDE.
Players can navigate city rooftops like a pro, grabbing ledges, jumping from roof to roof, vaulting through windows, sliding down cables, swinging from hooks; with a near unlimited skill ceiling, anyone can put on their running shoes, but it’ll take some work to truly master the city.
STRIDE is available from today on the Oculus store for Oculus Rift devices with Oculus Touch support, priced [PRICE TO GO HERE].
STRIDE will leave Steam Early Access on November 4th.
- Antstream Arcade brings world’s largest library of retro games to the Epic Games Store - November 26, 2021
- “Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team” Debuts New Players Including Shun Nitta Wearing the 2021 Season J.League Official Kits! - November 26, 2021
- “One Hand Clapping” – Final Release is just around the corner! - November 26, 2021