Developer Alter Games and Publisher Daedalic Entertainment are happy to announce that Partisans 1941, a modern take on the real-time tactics genre inspired by the cult classic Commandos, releases today at 8 AM Pacific / 11 AM Eastern on PC via Steam for $29.99 USD. The unique take on the genre combines squad-based action set on the occupied Eastern Front during WWII with real-time tactics and base-management.
Partisans 1941 is a real-time tactics game set on the eastern front of World War II. It features tactical squad combat, stealth elements, character progression, and resource management. Take control of Partisans, a brave group of resistance fighters, opposing the Nazi occupation behind enemy lines. Every mission must be carefully planned and initiated to overcome the enemy. Players can use the tactical break feature to scout and use their environment to turn seemingly impossible situations to their advantage.
Players can recruit soldiers and civilians as unique allies to tackle a variety of challenges – from focused sabotage to extensive attacks on German supply lines. The expandable home base deep in the forest with different types of buildings serves as the Partisans’ hub in-between missions to arm and upgrade their own troops, manage and distribute resources, and take a break until the next objective awaits. Form a Partisan group to your liking and send them on autonomous tasks or take them into battle.
- A fresh approach to the stealth tactics genre: A mix of combat, stealth, ambushes and a variety of special items brings chaos to the enemy ranks. Choose your own way of completing each mission and enjoy more than 20 hours of playtime.
- Lead a squad of Partisans: Find, recruit and level up new resistance members to build the squad of your choice. Use your characters’ strengths to find the right solution to different situations.
- Experience the life of a resistance group: Experience a partisan’s routine in between missions – develop your base, prepare for the next assignments, ensure you have the resources for the Partisan’s survival. Keep your troops motivated. Explore nearby regions, skirmish for enemy weak spots and opportunities to strike the enemy.
- A different perspective on WW II: Experience the story of a fierce resistance against the German occupation on the Eastern Front. Follow the stories and motives of various people who join the partisan forces – from soldiers to common folk.
Partisans 1941 is developed by Russian studio Alter Games and published by German studio Daedalic Entertainment and is available now on Steam.
Press assets can be found here.
About Daedalic Entertainment
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With more than 80 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for ‘Studio of the Year’) and 12 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious game awards in Germany.
Daedalic currently develops the AAA title The Lord of the Rings – Gollum. The action-adventure that tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- DGMA releases Galactic Rangers VR, an immersive arcade for space macedonian shooting enthusiasts - May 14, 2021
- A Huge Tower, Where Players Can Test Their Climbing Skills, is Now Open at the Camping Ground of PLAY TOGETHER - May 14, 2021
- Challenge your friends on the new INSTANT SPORTS Tennis, out now on Nintendo Switch! - May 14, 2021