New creatures abound in TOXICANT’s second major Early Access update Nova Scotia, Canada – Cosmocat Games is pleased to announce the second major Early Access update to their rogue-lite survival horror TOXICANT: the Creatures Update. This update adds three new creatures: toxic spider, mutant fish, and tentacle monster.
The Creatures Update also includes numerous improvements and bug fixes:
- New damage type (toxic) with distinct visual feedback (green overlay)
- Adjustable mouse and gamepad sensitivity settings
- Improved player punch hit detection
- Various lighting, visual, AI, and level generation fixes
- Various audio fixes, including limiting switch alarms to current floor
You can find a highlight reel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NTMcUZkMjY
To celebrate the update, TOXICANT will be available at a 20% discount for the week of October 5th!
TOXICANT offers a sinister twist on the survival horror genre, featuring randomized levels and roguelike elements.
- Traverse a series of increasingly difficult randomized levels, upgrading your stats and gear along the way
- Use items like compasses, maps, beacons, and the MonPro 2000 to help you navigate the depths of the mines
- Collect miners’ notes and secret documents to learn the story of a conspiracy gone horribly wrong
- Sample an assortment of nourishment and libations in your quest to survive: expired canned food, toxic mushrooms, rancid wine, and more!
- Salvage old mining equipment and use it as a weapon, or even a shield! (Can’t find any? How about a board with a nail in it!)
- Steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/688120/TOXICANT/
About Cosmocat Games
Cosmocat Games is an independent game studio based in Nova Scotia, Canada. The company is led by Adam “Snug” McLellan, a 20+ year veteran of IT, turned independent game developer, musician, and sound designer. Since its inception in 2014, Cosmocat has released a diverse range of games across several platforms.