An update will go live on all platforms tomorrow, September 16, at 9 a.m. PDT (4 p.m. UTC) to prepare Rocket League for the free to play transition. Below is a breakdown of what goes live during tomorrow’s update and what will be available when free to play launches on September 23:
- Cross-Platform Progression Linking - Existing players will be able to link their platforms to their Epic Games Account. More information can be found in the blog post HERE
- Legacy Status Items - Players that already own and have played Rocket League will receive their Legacy items
- Support-A-Creator Live - Rocket League will join the Epic Games Support-A-Creator program. Beginning tomorrow, players will be able to enter a Creator Code in the Item Shop which allows Creators to earn 5% of Credits Spent when their Creator Code is used
- Various Quality of Life Changes and Additions - More info found in today’s blog
Free to Play Launch on September 23
- Epic Games Store Debut - Rocket League will make its debut on the Epic Games Store when Rocket League goes free to play! Players can add it to their wishlist HERE. Players who download and launch the game on EGS will also receive the Sun Ray Boost and Hot Rocks Trail items!
- Revamped Tournaments and Challenges - Updates to the Tournaments and Challenges systems will be live
- Season 1 Rocket Pass - Rocket Pass returns with the beginning of Season 1! More details on Season 1 will be revealed soon
- Two New Item Packs - The Endo Starter Pack and Jäger Pack will be available for purchase. The packs will contain:
- Endo Starter Pack - Endo, Gaiden Wheels (Grey), Neo-Thermal Boost, Friction Trail, and 500 Credits
- Jäger Pack - Jäger 619 (Titanium White), Apparatus Wheels (Titanium White), Toon Goal Explosion (Titanium White), and 1000 Credits
Lastly, in order to celebrate Rocket League going free to play, there will be an all new in-game event called Llama-Rama soon after the September 23 launch. More information about this event will be shared in the near future!
ABOUT ROCKET LEAGUE
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of our generation. Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and PC, Rocket League includes nearly endless customization possibilities, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely.
- Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia to Deliver its Large-Scale Battles onto PlayStation®4 on December 10 Worldwide - September 24, 2020
- Team Up to Recruit Snorlax in Pokémon Café Mix - September 24, 2020
- The We Were Here Series puzzles its way to PlayStation! - September 24, 2020