Developer Alter Games and publisher Daedalic Entertainment announce today that Partisans 1941, the unique genre mix set on the Eastern Front during its occupation in WWII, releases worldwide on Steam on October 14th, 2020. The game is currently in Closed Beta until September 21st in order to gain community feedback and further polish the game until release. Players interested in trying the game for themselves can apply for the Beta here.
Partisans 1941 combines real-time tactics and stealth with squad-based action, and base and resource management. After war-time prisoner and Red Army commander Alexey Zorin escapes a Nazi internment camp, he decides to form a guerilla group of partisans to attack and disrupt the local occupants. Players can recruit soldiers and civilians as unique allies to tackle a variety of missions – from focused sabotage to extensive attacks on German supply lines. In-between missions, they need to expand and manage their encampment to upgrade their forces. To successfully fight the occupying forces, it is important to scout your environments, find the best position to attack your enemies, and control the flow of the fight by effectively using the tactical pause.
- A fresh approach to the stealth tactics genre: A mix of combat, stealth, ambushes and a variety of special items brings chaos to the enemy ranks. Choose your own way of completing each mission.
- Lead a squad of Partisans: Find, recruit and level up new resistance members to build the squad of your choice. Use your characters’ strengths to find the right solution to different situations.
- Experience the life of a resistance group: Experience a partisan’s routine in between missions – develop your base, prepare for the next assignments, ensure you have the resources for the Partisan’s survival. Keep your troops motivated. Explore nearby regions, skirmish for enemy weak spots and opportunities to strike the enemy.
- A different perspective on WW II: Experience the story of a fierce resistance against the German occupation on the Eastern Front. Follow the stories and motives of various people who join the partisan forces – from soldiers to common folk.
Partisans 1941 is developed by Russian studio Alter Games and published by German studio Daedalic Entertainment. The game will be available on Steam on October 14th.
Press assets can be found here.
About Daedalic Entertainment
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With more than 80 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for ‘Studio of the Year’) and 12 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious game awards in Germany.
Daedalic currently develops the AAA title The Lord of the Rings – Gollum. The action-adventure that tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Inkle’s reverse whodunnit “Overboard!” is now on Android - July 23, 2021
- Become a mouthy cactus in this brutal, action-driven platformer - July 23, 2021
- Spellbreak Chapter 3: The Wardens Launches Today! - July 23, 2021