Industry veteran, Jerry Lawson Lifetime Achievement Award winner; Tony Barnes, designer of the iconic Strike Series, Strider 2014 and countless other titles, reveal a new game, Run Die Run Again.
Run Die Run Again (RDRA) is a fast-paced first-person precision platformer, where every inch of the environment is out to kill you! A speed-running, trial and error endurance contest, where fast reactions and acrobatic dodging skills are rewarded.
In RDRA, it is the year 2127 and massive mega-corporations run all aspects of life. For upward-mobility and a chance at a better life, people take on the role of a “Runner”, a contestant in the world’s most-popular and most-deadly game, “The Run”. Runners must navigate virtual obstacle courses created specifically to test their endurance and see if they’re worthy to become one of “The Selected”. For some; fame, fortune and a secure future are worth the risk being trapped in a never-ending parkour gauntlet of death.
- First-person parkour. Precise and responsive first-person platforming controls, enable players to; run, dash, double-jump and stop on a dime.
- A variety of race courses. Dozens of hand-crafted areas, not including alternate route variations, give players upwards of a hundred deadly obstacle courses.
- Original electronic soundtrack. A unique blend of drum & bass, trap, industrial, trance and hip-hop, keeps players pumped and the momentum going.
- Unlockable Items. Courses, Songs, Character Holograms, Skins & Celebrations can all be obtained throughout play; as well as hidden “Runner Logs”, which provide world-building lore.
- Dynamic contextual commentary. The host of RDRA periodically makes context-sensitive comments on the player’s actions, providing world building and flavor.
- Leaderboards. Local and Global leaderboards, encourage competition among players and the speed-runner community.
Tony Barnes in speaking about RDRA said, “When I thought about RetroNinja’s first game, I wanted to make something I could do largely on my own. While trying to figure out what that was, I was playing a lot of Destiny, Celeste, Super Meat Boy and Titanfall 2. I thought; first-person Super Meat Boy, now there’s a game I think would be fun, a game I could make by myself,” and RDRA was born.
Wishlist on Steam:
More information can be found at the RetroNinja website and social media outlets, here:
- Oddventure – very odd and lore-rich JRPG coming to Nintendo Switch and PC in 2022 - April 23, 2021
- Action-RPG My Hero Academia: The Strongest Hero officially launches in Europe this May - April 23, 2021
- Become a space pilot, explore the stars, trade, and lead your fleet across the galaxy in Space Commander: War and Trade – coming to Switch on May 13th - April 23, 2021