Danish indie developer Rune Skovbo Johansen today revealed a free playable demo titled ‘First Steps’ for his upcoming PC VR game Eye of the Temple. In the game players explore a vast and treacherous temple using their own feet. They must keep their balance as they step from one moving block to another, dodging traps and solving puzzles with their torch and whip in hand.Watch the full mixed reality trailer hereEye of the Temple makes unique use of room-scale VR and delivers the experience of exploring a vast environment.“It’s hard to convey from first person footage alone the way you get around everywhere with just your own feet, without teleportation, artificial locomotion, or other distractions taking you out of the immersion.” says Rune Skovbo Johansen. “The new mixed reality trailer shows it better, and now with the demo you can get to experience it for yourself too.”If you have a PC VR headset with a 2 by 2 meter play area, get the demo now by joining the game’s Discord server and requesting a Steam key for it there (via an automated bot).FEATURES (which are all on display in the demo as well):
- Traverse a vast environment using your own feet with the game’s unique platforming mechanic.
- Wield your fully physically simulated whip to grab levers out of reach and to defend yourself against flying enemies.
- Dodge treacherous traps with your own body at perilous heights.
- Immediately grasp how to engage with this experience where you don’t need to learn any buttons or UI.
- Unlock a speedrun mode where every well-timed step you take is a chance to speed up the game’s platforms a little further, building up to incredible speed.