Developer Triple Topping has announced that Welcome to Elk: The First Stories is available now for free on Steam. The First Stories gives players a small taste of what to expect from the full version of Welcome to Elk, which launches later this year on PC and Xbox One.
- New trailer: https://youtu.be/EMcMfasaxjI
- Press kit: https://www.welcometoelk.com/press/
- Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1330260/Welcome_to_Elk_The_First_Stories/
Welcome to Elk, a fictional island stitched together with true stories and tall tales. A biographical adventure peppered with minigames, Elk can be joyful, dark and hilarious, these travel stories about people whom the world has either ignored or forgotten will take you on a journey about like no other.
Elk is based on stories from people who have experienced them or who have heard first-hand accounts, like Lauge who lived in Greenland and rural California (he is also the brother of Elk’s director Astrid), who almost smuggled diamonds in India and made friends with Anders who died three times. At least.
You play as Frigg, a young carpenter trading their busy life in the city for an apprenticeship in a small town. When she arrives in Elk, Frigg worries that the slower pace of life will be boring (they don’t even have the internet), but quickly discovers nothing could be further from the truth!
The stories reflect the drama of our lives, on Elk, it’s known that humour, love and death go hand in hand. Life may seem hard sometimes, but it is always followed by laughter.
- A narrative game based on real stories told by real people.
- Mini-games that enhance and are deeply connected to the story.
- An endearing cast of characters whom the world has either ignored or forgotten
- Humorous and beautiful hand-drawn art style.
You can find assets in the press kit
More information including the real stories used in the game can be found on the official website.
About Triple Topping
Triple Topping is an indie studio based in Denmark. Their first release was 2018 Spitkiss, a precision platformer about polyamory. Currently, the team is working with best friend Nifflas and his Hotdog on the floating non-Platformer Ynglet as well as on the heartwarming biographical adventure Welcome to Elk, which is coming to Steam and Xbox One in 2020 with the support of Kowloon Nights and the Danish Game Scheme for the development.
- Zombie gamer playing MINECRAFT yes we are learning - August 8, 2020
- World of Tanks Console Announces ‘SummerSlam Showdown’ - August 8, 2020
- 1C Entertainment takes aboard SpellMaster: The Saga, a new open world fantasy RPG - August 8, 2020