Asterion Games and studio Armatur Games are delighted to announce that Mittelborg: City of Mages is due to release on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One on July 24. It is a strategic adventure with elements of rogue-like and resource management where you will rule the magical city of Mittelborg. You will have to face tough decisions, fight mystical tempests, and look for the cause of upcoming chaos. The game is available for pre-purchase on Nintendo Switch.
The scent of chaos hangs heavy in the air of Mittelborg. You are crowned to be Chancellor of the city, but this power is a heavy burden. You have to investigate the reason for the upcoming chaos, struggle against roaring tempests, manage loyal mages, face tough decisions – but first of all your aim is to build your unique tactic. It will give you a chance to survive and discover the ending, where all secrets of Mittelborg are revealed. Will the Chancellor save the magic? Does Mittelborg have a future? You are the one to decide.
Nintendo eShop page:
Mittelborg: City of Mages continually requires your attention. Each time you start a new session, it will never look like your previous playthrough. The same decision taken during the same event may yield a different result, and the list of outer worlds available for expeditions differs at every turn. Each new game round reveals more plot details and expands players’ armory with new potions, powerful spells, and artifacts. Mages await the commands to start fascinating adventures in numerous worlds. The struggle is on, embrace it, and good luck in Mittelborg!
- Protect the city. Mittelborg is the heart of this world and thousands of swords are aimed at it. Monsters, nomads, mercenaries, living deads, and rebellious spirits — Chaos does not sleep and besieges the Universe. Collect resources, get ready for tempests, keep guards on the walls, and mages at the towers. While lots of blood is spilled, remember what is at stake. It is better to shed a gallon of blood than lose a single leaf from the Tree of Order.
- Think and rule. Mittelborg claims for your unfaltering watch, Chancellor! Different events enforce you to make hard decisions all the time. Whom will you sacrifice: a warrior or a mage? Do you execute or pardon? Spend aether on the repairs or upgrades of weapons? Power is a heavy burden. Will you protect the most sacred, or will you drench it in blood?
- Fight, die, fight again. Human life is worth nothing where waves of Chaos swamp the shores of Order. It is so easy to die here, and no one worries about tomorrow. No one but you! You are the immortal one. You become wiser with each new reborn. You hone the strategy and store all previous experience, and it will help you endure a little bit longer this time.
- This world is huge. You start a long and dangerous adventure. There will be dozens of worlds and hostile races, hundreds of unique events, thousands of intertwined destinies, and stories ... and you have to take all the risks and make the right choices.
- Music is powerful magic! Your rule, Sire, is accompanied by ten original orchestral soundtracks. Together with music, you are bound to succeed!
Mittelborg: City of Mages will be out on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One on July 24. The game is available for pre-purchase on Nintendo Switch.