Only By Midnight cordially invite everyone to try out the open PC beta for their debut game, Curved Space. A dizzying blend of third-person and twin-stick arcade shooter styles, the full game is due out this Fall on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Lucky PC players can get a first taste of the synthwave-tinged neon fun to come today, and help shape its future. Players can try a demo on Steam here and collect their access code for the beta on the Only By Midnight Discord channel here.
The beta version contains the first act of the story mode, taking players through basic training, several stages of spider-wrangling action and culminating in a massive boss battle. Beta players will also have access to a content-restricted version of the endless Survival mode, for those who really want to put their ship through its paces. Lastly, beta players will be invited to vote on which of six tracks from synthwave label FiXT Neon will accompany the game’s dramatic final battle.
The tracks in the running to accompany the story mode’s mind-bending finale are:
- “Abyss” by 3FORCE (feat. Scandroid)
- “Nexus” by Cassetter (feat. Mari Kattman)
- “Nuke (VIP)” by 3FORCE
- “Carrier Signal” by Soul Extract (Cliff Lin Remix)
- “Giant Drill” by Cassetter
- “Guardian Angel” by 3FORCE (feat. Robin Adams)
Players can listen to all six tracks here & find for details on how to cast your vote in-game.
● 2D twin-stick style shooter action wrapped around gravity-defying warped 3D arenas.
● High-energy synthwave soundtrack featuring artists Scandroid , Fury Weekend & 3Force .
● Master advanced ship systems. Energy lashes, dash-boosters and Overdrive Mode.
● A non-linear Story Mode sends players down unpredictable timelines to strange endings.
● Stylish comic-style cutscenes from Heavy Metal artist Kyle Charles.
● Tons of weird and wonderful alien insects to battle, lasso and leech energy from.
● Face massive multi-stage boss battles in Story and Survival Mode.
● Over twenty weapons, from laser cannons to magnetic throwing blades.
Curved Space launches this Fall on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Release date TBA.
Read more about Curved Space on its official website here and Steam store page here.
Press assets are available here. Beta access is available via the Only By Midnight Discord channel here.
About Curved Space
Curved Space takes the classic twin-stick shooter formula and plunges it into the weirdest reaches of space. Battle giant enemy spiders across curved landscapes where your bullets hug the terrain while the horizon drops sharply out of sight.
Inspired by arcade classics, players will have to hunt for weapon power-ups and upgrades while dodging enemy fire, blasting interdimensional bugs and wrangling some enormous boss monsters. Simple to learn as you fight your way through the branching story-driven campaign, but tough to master as you chase high scores in Survival mode.