Devuan Developers are delighted to announce the release of Devuan Beowulf 3.0.0 as the project's new stable release. This is the result of many months of painstaking work by the Team and detailed testing by the wider Devuan community.
What's new in Beowulf 3.0.0?
- Based on Debian Buster (10.4) with Linux kernel 4.19
- Support for ppc64el in addition to the existing i386, amd64, armel, armhf and arm64 architectures
openrcoptional alternative to
- Standalone daemons
elogindto replace aspects of monolithic
- New boot, display manager and desktop themimg
Installation and Documentation
Whether you are upgrading an existing Devuan install, migrating from Debian or installing from scratch, instructions and guidance can be found at:
Bootable ARM images are provided by the Devuan ARM community.
You will find these resources useful for ARM-related discussion and development:
Resources and Support
- Mailing list: https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dng
- IRC: #devuan #devuan-dev #devuan-arm (Freenode)
- Forum: https://dev1galaxy.org
- Press contact: freedom at devuan dot org
- Source code: https://git.devuan.org
- Bug tracker: https://bugs.devuan.org
- Package information: https://pkginfo.devuan.org
- Popularity contest: https://popcon.devuan.org
The next Devuan release, 4.0.0, is codenamed Chimaera. Repositories are already available for the adventurous to test.
We wish to thank all of you for the incredible support given to Devuan. Without your help and feedback, Devuan could not be the reliable and versatile distribution that it is.
To support the Devuan project you can donate at:
https://devuan.org/os/donate (includes financial reports)
or take up one of the tasks listed at:
How you can help Devuan
- Oddventure – very odd and lore-rich JRPG coming to Nintendo Switch and PC in 2022 - April 23, 2021
- Action-RPG My Hero Academia: The Strongest Hero officially launches in Europe this May - April 23, 2021
- Become a space pilot, explore the stars, trade, and lead your fleet across the galaxy in Space Commander: War and Trade – coming to Switch on May 13th - April 23, 2021