After revealing the new first-person camera and all teams available in the cycling simulation Tour de France 2020, NACON and Cyanide are pleased to unveil the new Time-Trial mode. This mode has been completely redesigned, something the developers have wanted to do for a long time after requests from players. The new mode features an actual time-trial stage of the real Tour de France, which has been delayed until the end of summer.
Watch the video of the new Time-Trial mode in Tour de France 2020
Achieving a good time in a time-trial stage requires excellent stamina management. Cyanide took this into account and included it in Tour de France 2020 with the ability to adopt a time-trial position: with your forearms resting on the bar extensions, you reduce air resistance and gain speed without increasing effort, at the expense of control of the bike. Watch out for tight turns, pick up speed by switching back to a classic stance and gain a few hundredths of a second to take first place!
With this time-trial position, you can also activate effort control. Adjust it correctly without overestimating your pace; otherwise you could end up exhausted too early.
In addition to the time-trial position, Tour de France 2020 lets you take an aerodynamic stance. Mostly useful while going down slopes, you’ll be able to rest a little and restore your stamina.
Multiple improvements and new features have been added to Tour de France 2020, including:
- Liège-Bastogne-Liège (“The Old Lady”), a 266km race of steep climbs
- A redesigned interface that provides better anticipation of the course and position of competitors
- A deeper time-trial where posture and sprint management are crucial for success
- A more realistic AI that grabs any attack opportunity
Tour de France 2020 will be available on June 4, 2020 on consoles (PlayStation®4 and Xbox One), and later on PC.
- Deathground, a Dinosaur, Survival Horror Game Launches on Kickstarter - July 9, 2020
- Pearl Abyss Recruits Participants For “Shadow Arena Regional Cup – Asia” until July 12 - July 9, 2020
- Sneak and peek towards Stadia - July 9, 2020