- Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths is now available!
- Player Draft is here! Draft with your fellow players – and your first draft is on us!
- Godzilla Series Monsters – for a limited time, add these alternate art card styles to your collection!
- Stay at Home, Play at Home – More Friday Night Magic challenges are coming every week, no entry fee for April’s Brawlers’ Guildhall, and continuing earning quest progress in Direct Challenges!
IKORIA: LAIR OF BEHEMOTHS
- There’s always a bigger monster. . . see the full card gallery, this way!
- Be your store’s champion – players who pre-order Ikoria: lair of Behemoths will receive a bonus code for items on MTG Arena from participating retailers. More details are right over here!
- Introduces a whole new card set to MTG Arena – which includes Godzilla, King of Monsters.
- Are you friend or food? Your mastery of the new abilities here may make the difference.
- New Mechanics: Mutate and Companion – Mutate lets you combine creatures in a new way to build better monsters, Companion enforces unique deck building challenges that allow you to cast your companion creature once from outside the game.
- Returning Mechanic: Cycling – trade a card in hand for a new card.
- Introducing: Keyword Counters – Give your permanent the keyword listed on the ability (Menace, First Strike, Hexproof, Lifelink, Reach, Flying, Trample, Deathtouch, Flying, Vigilance).
GODZILLA MONSTER SERIES CARD STYLE
- Godzilla Monster Series Card Styles Promotion – Until May 21, 2020 get bonus Godzilla Series Monster card styles with IKO pack bundles or on entry into any Ikoria Draft or Sealed event.
- A full breakdown of how you can collect the styles is just a click away.
- Duplicate protection applies – you will not receive the same card style more than once!
- This is a limited time bonus promotion for the 18 Godzilla Monster Series card styles. Once you have collected all 18, that it’s it!
- IMPORTANT NOTE: When searching for the card style, you must search for the original card name!
- No bots allowed! Draft with 7 other players in two of our draft options: Premier and Traditional
- Note: You’ll still be able to draft against bots in our third draft option: Quick Draft. More details below!
- Queue up to form a group of eight players to start a draft.
- Each pick is timed to keep the packs moving and the event fun for everyone.
- Select a card to set it as your “Pick”. Double-click, drag, or click the “Confirm Pick” button to confirm your selection and add the card to your deck pool.
- If you don’t pick a card in time, the system will auto-pick a card!
- We will let you know in the last 5 seconds which one the game is going to pick for you!
- Players that disconnect will receive a small amount of time to return to the game before their cards are all auto-picked. Remember that other players are waiting on you!
- Players can go to the “Table View” and see the current pack position and also see who is in the draft with you.
- Once drafting is complete, you will be paired against the larger pool of drafters in the event (not necessarily against the players who were in your draft pod).
- Players will only be paired against fellow player drafters. You won’t be paired against opponents who drafted against bots.
- The new headers and the pick confirm system have been integrated into bot draft as well. No more accidental mis-drafts!
DRAFT EVENT NAME CHANGES
- With the addition of player draft options, we’ve updated our draft event names:
- Premier Draft: Ranked best-of-one draft with other players (New)
- Traditional Draft: Unranked best-of-three draft with other players (Updated)
- Quick Draft: Ranked best-of-one draft with bots (Previously known as “Ranked Draft”)