Bare Knuckle Development are pleased to inform you that their punishingly difficult retro space blaster, Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo, will launch for digital download on Xbox One on 12th February 2020 with Xbox One pre-order starting on 29th January. The game is out now on Nintendo Switch™, and PlayStation®4 and the coming release on Xbox One will complete the major console trinity. This accomplishment is further compounded with you take into account that the game was created from the ground up by a single developer namely Bare Knuckle Development’s very own Ste Wilson.
The console trinity is complete! – Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo is set to launch on Xbox One on 12th February 2020.
“Designing and coding the game, recording the music, creating the artwork, porting the game to 4 different platforms, and then marketing it has been a ridiculous amount of work powered by extreme coffee drinking” said Ste when asked about his journey as a solo developer. “Even after playing over 200 hours across all platforms I still enjoy the punishingly hard retro gameplay, I just hope players will give it a chance.”
The Xbox One version of Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo launches with the usual extensive feature list. 5 Game modes, 2-player local co-op/competitive play, 15 space blasters, an Xbox exclusive space blaster, 40+ challenges, online leaderboards, and an 80’s inspired synth-pop soundtrack. The game also makes use of some of the console’s unique features. On Xbox One the game is Xbox One X enhanced and will play at 4K with 4x anti aliasing on an Xbox One X. The game supports 36 Xbox Live Achievements with a total Gamerscore of 1000 and supports Xbox One controller vibration.
- Game on UK Microsoft Store (Xbox One)
- Game on US Microsoft Store (Xbox One)
- Press-kit: https://bareknuckledev.com/press-kits/super-mega-space-blaster-special-turbo-press-kit/
Reviews for Super Mega Space Blaster Special Turbo on Other Platforms:
- The Switch Effect - Review (4/5)
- Two Beard Gaming - Review (8/10)
- JP’s Switch Mania - Review (8/10 – the 4th game down in indie b-sides multi-review)
- The Vulgar Knight - Review (4/5)
- IND13 - Preview
For more information about the developer, Bare Knuckle Development, visit:https://bareknuckledev.com/
- Antstream Arcade brings world’s largest library of retro games to the Epic Games Store - November 26, 2021
- “Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team” Debuts New Players Including Shun Nitta Wearing the 2021 Season J.League Official Kits! - November 26, 2021
- “One Hand Clapping” – Final Release is just around the corner! - November 26, 2021