Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes is thrilled to reveal today that Empyrean, Warframe®’s explosive new four-player co-op battleship experience, is available now for free on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. Blasting across stunning new space environments, Empyrean sends Warframe players into a space combat odyssey where clans will crash into hostile Grineer forces in fast-paced, cooperative, realtime spaceship battles.
- Download new Empyrean videos, screens and logos: digitalextremesltd.box.com/s/3o2c5ck6m7q10vp1wfzzkhojtzxd8sh1
- Watch the new Empyrean update videos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2f8Hhczjd8
- Download Warframe Empyrean: www.warframe.com/
On the brink of a looming war, both new and veteran Tenno will find themselves playing closely together using high-level cooperation and communication skills.
Whether it’s blasting hordes of opponent Fighters and Crewships, or shooting like a bullet from the Archwing Cannon into enemy vessels to commandeer or destroy them, players will wield new upgradeable offensive firepower. To truly succeed, Railjack squads will need both offense and defense. The working Railjack vessel takes damage, requires resources to keep ammo flowing, and will need players’ coordinated attention, from dousing fires and welding hull holes to combating enemy boarding parties.
Empyrean Highlights Include:
- Welcome to the Railjack: Empyrean puts players at the helm of the Sigma Series Railjack battleship. This ultra powerful ship is upgradeable, customizable, and the centerpiece for all future Empyrean space missions.
- Get the Team Together: This phase of Empyrean is designed and optimized as a cooperative experience. Solo players will still be able to enjoy Empyrean, but the difficulty and progression is balanced around full crews. The year 2020 will bring enhanced solo capabilities and more surprises!
- Free Flight: Try out the Railjack in Free Flight Mode. Learn the basics without engaging in battle and then join a squad when you’re ready.
- Railjack Powers: The Railjack itself provides incredibly diverse options to counter Grineer assailants. With constantly updated technology like Cloaking Fields and Void Holes to be earned, and special moves like “Juke” to out-maneuver enemies, players will earn powerful moves as they progress.
- Warframe Powers: Aboard the Railjack in combat, players also have a wealth of fantasy-fulfilling options at hand. They can jettison into battle using Archwings to infiltrate enemy ships or shoot from “Archwing cannons” to annihilate smaller ships. Using the Tactics map, Tenno can tap into on-board Warframe Abilities and cast them where needed. They direct their teammates to attend crises, welding hull holes or confronting a boarding party, and they can teleport from location to location, whether it’s on board the Raijack or an enemy vessel.
NEW UPGRADEABLE SYSTEMS
Empyrean brings with it new innovative game systems that expand Warframe’s space battle fantasy. From choosing simple Railjack aesthetics like ship names, colors and skins, to constructing weapons, armor and powers, Empyrean’s new upgrade systems are deep and powerful. They include:
- Intrinsics: With the totally new “Intrinsics” feature, players will experience a new reliable RPG progression system. By playing through missions and earning Intrinsics points, Tenno build their own player ranked skills
- Avionics: These are the vessel’s upgradable ‘powers’. They comprise Battle, Integrated, and Tactical types and they work like Warframe Abilities
- Components: Guns, Engines, Reactors, and Shields
- Armaments: AKA weaponry, are different firepower types
- For deeper details on all ship systems, visit www.warframe.com/
Building the Dry Dock and Railjack can be accomplished using resources obtained for free in-game or in the Warframe Marketplace. Warframe Empyrean is available now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One; download it here: www.warframe.com. Look for the Nintendo Switch™ version of Empyrean in 2020.
Would you like to join the Warframe community? Head to our forums to start a conversation. Check our official website at www.warframe.com. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
- PUBG MOBILE DELIVERS PIPING HOT REWARDS IN ROYALE PASS SEASON 14 - July 13, 2020
- World War II card game Kards is upping the ante with the Kards Open, a community tournament boasting $1,000 of rations to battle for! - July 13, 2020
- MAI INVESTIGATES LE CHOARA’S STRANGE DISAPPEARANCES IN DEATH END RE;QUEST 2 - July 13, 2020