The free 'Full Metal Mode' update for heavy metal action-platformer Valfaris is now live for the PC version of the game. A New Game+ variant, Full Metal Mode turns the deadly up to MAX by remixing various aspects of gameplay, as detailed in the list below:
Plus, Valfaris on sale now with 30% off in Steam Weeklong Deal
- All weapons, upgrades, and upgrade items carry over between runs
- Enemies have increased health, attack, and aggression
- Bosses receive the same buffs - with additional attack patterns
- Therion takes more damage
- New Destroyer Class Weapon
- New Achievement for defeating Full Metal Mode
Full Metal Mode unlocks after completing the game, so if you've already got a 'Game Clear' save file, you'll be able to jump into the – even deadlier – action as soon as the update has installed.
Full Metal Mode will also be released as a free update for all the console versions of Valfaris (Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One) early next year.
Valfaris – Full Metal Mode trailer: https://youtu.be/Sc-ap6mvwEY
The release of Full Metal Mode coincides with a Steam Weeklong Deal – Valfaris is 30% off until 14 Dec (sale ends 10am PT on that day). The Valfaris Digital Deluxe Edition, which includes the soundtrack and art book, is also discounted.
Details and prices can be found on the Valfaris Steam page:
About the game
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
About Steel Mantis
Steel Mantis is a small independent game developer based in Texas comprised of artist Andrew Gilmour and designer Thomas Jenns. The studio’s debut title was the 2016 gothic horror-inspired metal platformer Slain: Back From Hell. Steel Mantis is currently developing Slain’s space-themed spiritual successor Valfaris.
About Big Sugar
Big Sugar is a new publisher that does what it wants. And what it wants is to work with talented independent developers and to publish the unique, fun, compelling, entertaining, memorable, and all-round high-quality games that they create. https://bigsugargames.com/
About Stage Clear Studios
Stage Clear Studios is an independent games developer company founded in 2012 by professionals with a large background in the games industry. They develop their own games and also offer console porting services, full game development and art outsourcing. http://www.stageclearstudios.com
- NEOGEO POCKET COLOR classics KING OF FIGHTERS R-2 and SAMURAI SHODOWN! 2 Available Now on Nintendo Switch - August 9, 2020
- Explore Galatea 37, build your base, and defend it from hordes of enemies. The free prologue for The Riftbreaker is now available on Steam! - August 9, 2020
- International Cat Day is full of good news and celebration for Cat Quest II players! - August 9, 2020