In a recent video recorded in Novaquark’s Montreal studio, the company’s CEO Jean-Christophe Baillie addressed changes to the Dual Universe roadmap, while maintaining the game’s key dates. With an Alpha 3 still scheduled to release in January 2020, the future looks bright for prospective players and backers alike.
Watch the Community Update here:
2019 was a milestone year for the team at Novaquark. Not only did the company release a major update to their upcoming sci-fi MMO
The Novaquark team aims to continue their trend of hard work and success, starting with their biggest update yet, Alpha 3, coming in January 2020. They’ve listened to their community’s feedback, and have been busy implementing major gameplay additions such as organizations and PvP. While avatar-vs-avatar combat is still planned, Novaquark has decided to postpone this feature while focusing on their innovative construct-vs-construct PvP format.
Novaquark will be releasing an updated roadmap highlighting the next phases of Dual Universe’s development cycle — starting with January’s planned Alpha 3, and looking ahead to the upcoming Beta and final launch — in tandem with an upcoming podcast providing further insights into the company’s priorities and roadmap changes.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter, or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (partially available in test version): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools, to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.
Novaquark’s goal is to create the first virtual online civilization, enabling potentially millions of players to shape and share a metaverse of their own, together, at a scale never seen before. A world with meaning, where everything you do matters and has a permanent impact. Novaquark, composed of veterans from Sony, Apple, Epic Games and Bioware, is on a mission to bring a new generation of MMO through science, expertise and technological innovation.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- THE ACTION RPG GENRE REACHES LEVEL 9000 AS DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT BLASTS INTO STORES ON PLAYSTATION 4, XBOX ONE AND PC - January 17, 2020
- Friday MTG Arenagame of the day - January 17, 2020
- Wizard of Legend Piano Collections and Complete Soundtrack - January 17, 2020