Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes today released Heavy Metal, the latest expansion to BATTLETECH, the turn-based tactical ‘Mech combat game for PC, Mac and Linux. Available for a suggested retail price of $19.99 / £15.49 / €19.99, and included as the final expansion in the BATTLETECH - Season Pass, Heavy Metal features eight new ‘Mechs each with unique equipment, a Flashpoint mini-campaign, and eight weapon systems.
Award-Winning Turn-Based Tactical ‘Mech Combat Game from Paradox Interactive Introduces New ‘Mechs, Mini-Campaign and Weapon Systems
Heavy Metal is the definitive expansion for fans of BATTLETECH’s 35-year legacy, adding seven classic ‘Mech designs from the original BATTLETECH board game and an additional ‘Mech exclusively designed for this expansion. Players can pilot these new ‘Mechs in an all-new Flashpoint mini-campaign featuring two legendary MechWarriors from BATTLETECH's rich history. By adding eight weapon systems and ‘Mechs, each with unique special equipment, players can enjoy a wealth of new and interesting tactical choices both in the Mechlab and on the battlefield!
- One Original and Seven Classic BattleMechs: Seven classic ‘Mechs from BATTLETECH’s 35-year legacy make their triumphant return along with the first completely new ‘Mech designed exclusively for this expansion. Each classic ‘Mech comes with unique equipment that reflects the flavor and lore of the original board game.
- Eight Game-changing New Weapon Systems: Eight all-new weapon systems can be utilized to destroy even the most formidable opponents in a wide variety of unique ways. The ‘Mech Mortar is the first AOE weapon in BATTLETECH and can destroy multiple units at once, while the new COIL Beam generates more energy the further the attacker travels before firing, a perfect fit for light ‘Mechs.
- New Flashpoint Mini-Campaign: Come face-to-face with two legendary characters from BATTLETECH lore - the Bounty Hunter and the Black Widow of Wolf’s Dragoons. A derelict cargo ship has drifted into the Periphery from deep space; what secrets does it contain, and who will ultimately control its mysterious payload?
BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal is now available for digital download on the Paradox Store and Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Purchase the BATTLETECH - Season Pass on the Paradox Store to receive all expansions at a discounted price.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world. The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.
- TEAM KIDS playing ROBLOX Ghost simulator Opening Area 51 - July 2, 2020
- Happy 4th of July from the Furon Empire! - July 2, 2020
- DreamHack and Pantamera Renew Partnership for 2020 - July 2, 2020