Rockstar Games® is proud to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2is now available for the PC. Originally released on October 26, 2018, Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One was a critical and commercial success with approximately 25 million copies sold-in worldwide and remains the highest-rated game of the current console generation*.
Rockstar Games® is proud to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 is now available for the PC. Originally released on October 26, 2018,
Red Dead Redemption 2 for the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One was a critical and commercial success with approximately 25 million copies sold-in worldwide and remains the highest rated game of the current console generation. (Graphic: Business Wire)
The first game in the Red Dead Redemption series to be featured on the PC platform, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC debuts with a range of graphical and technical enhancements to bring new life and detail to the story of Arthur Morgan and the Van Der Linde gang, on the run from the law across America in the final days of the 19th Century. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC also includes new content for Story mode, including new Bounty Hunting Missions, Gang Hideouts, Weapons and more, plus a fully-featured photo mode for players to capture and share their favorite moments from the game.
Pre-release media previews have been outstanding:
- “The world simply looks more natural. From the way fog causes an eerie glow to cover the sky when sun shines through it, or sweatier faces boast a more noticeable reflective sheen, leafy shadows flutter about the woods, or the way lamp and torchlight flickers in someone’s eyes, the already-vibrant world manages to pull you into it just that much further.” – IGN
- “It feels like Rockstar is showing off - it looks breathtaking…It's hard not to talk about it without sounding hyperbolic but it's one of the best looking things I've seen in recent memory.” - GameSpot
- “The combination of 60fps performance and mouselook significantly changes the way the game feels to play, which to me matters more than visual improvements to a game that looked great already.” - PC Gamer
- “One of the best looking games I've ever seen on a monitor.” – GamesRadar
- “Photo mode and graphics upgrades make this the definitive version.” – VG247
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC also includes free access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online, featuring all previously released improvements and the latest content updates for the complete online experience, including Frontier Pursuits and the specialist Roles of Bounty Hunter, Trader and Collector for players to progress through and earn unique rewards.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is available for purchase via the Rockstar Games Launcher and at the Epic Games Store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.
About Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the highest-rated game of the current console generation with over 250 perfect scores and more than 175 Game of the Year Awards, having achieved the single-biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment**. With over $725 million in worldwide retail sell-through during its first three days, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second-highest grossing entertainment launch of all time next to Rockstar Games’ previously released title, Grand Theft Auto V, which achieved over $1 billion in retail sell-through in three days.*
Red Dead Redemption 2 is rated M for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, please visit www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2.
*According to Metacritic 2018-2019.
**Red Dead Redemption 2 launched on a Friday so that its ‘opening weekend’ (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) is the same as its first three days, while Grand Theft Auto V launched on a Tuesday.
About Rockstar Games
Rockstar Games cemented their reputation as creators of complex living worlds with the Grand Theft Auto series, one of the most successful entertainment properties of all time with over 270 million units sold-in worldwide. Through a string of critically acclaimed games including the Grand Theft Auto series, the Red Dead Redemption series, the Max Payne series, Bully, L.A. Noire, the Midnight Club series and The Warriors, Rockstar Games has helped propel interactive entertainment into the center of modern culture.
- Zombie Gamer Taking our real Frist up-close look at Bloxburg - September 20, 2020
- New PQube IP revealed: Kitaria Fables fuses Action Adventure and Farming Sim! - September 20, 2020
- Flyhigh Works Launches Fall Nintendo Switch eShop Discounts - September 20, 2020