A brave new chapter in the Shadowbringers™ storyline for FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online begins today with the release of Patch 5.1:Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty.
First Update Adds Main Scenario Quests, Alliance Raid, New Game+ and More
Patch 5.1 marks the first major update for the MMO since the release of its critically-acclaimed third expansion, Shadowbringers, earlier this year, adding an abundance of new content including the first part of the NieR®-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid. Players will team up with android ‘2P’ to explore the 24-player raid dungeon, featuring a new story and unique battle encounters designed alongside guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
The new trailer for the patch may be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhYvvfBY7p4
New content arriving with Patch 5.1:Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty includes:
- Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialogue, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward™, Stormblood™, and Shadowbringers.
- Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various smaller changes.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.
Even more content will be added in the coming weeks as the 5.1x series continues, including:
- Crafter and Gatherer Content, “Ishgard Restoration” (Patch 5.11) – Players on each World will work together as a whole to deliver goods, complete various tasks and restore the Firmament to its former glory.
- Ultimate Difficulty Raid, “The Epic of Alexander” (Patch 5.11) – A raid that will push even the most skilled players to their limits.
- PvP Frontline Map: “Onsal Hakair (Danshig Naadam)” (Patch 5.15) – Grand Companies will join forces with the tribes of the Azim Steppe to fight in the Danshig Naadam and demonstrate their battle prowess.
- Blue Mage Updates (Patch 5.15) – The limited job will have its level cap raised to 60 and receive fresh job quests, Masked Carnivale stages and an expanded job log.
Meanwhile, Halloween festivities are still underway in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online for a few more days with the return of the Continental Circus for All Saints’ Wake. Players have until November 1 to earn a variety of in-game items, including the Circus Ahriman mount, by completing the seasonal event content.
Full details may be found here: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2019/All_Saints_Wake/
All Saints’ Wake Rewards: The Circus Ahriman and Pumpkin Carriage
Players new to FINAL FANTASY XIVOnline are invited to download a free trial to access content up to level 35, create up to eight playable characters and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime. New players who wish to experience the free trial may register here: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is the third expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online and has received universal critical acclaim since its release in July 2019. Packed with striking new environments, the new gunbreaker and dancer jobs, Hrothgar and Viera races, Trust system and much more, it offers players both old and new hundreds of hours of content to explore.
- The town of Wadeville is in dire need of a defense in the upcoming Weird West game – Western Sigil - April 9, 2020
- VR-Exclusive ‘Redemption’s Guild’ Offers An Action-Packed Online Multiplayer RPG Crafted For The Ultimate Immersion - April 9, 2020
- Webzen Launches the Official Website and Twitter of the Upcoming Title ‘Manasis Refrain’ - April 9, 2020