Computer Tycoon developed by András Illés aka Progorion is in early access for two years now on Steam! (It was first released into Early Access 2n 2017 October 12th)
So far the game has more than 350 reviews with a 74% review score and a strong community on Discord.
Major Update of Computer Tycoon (0.9.4.1) has been released on 2019.10.14th
A brief list of what’s new:
– The game has extra songs
– In general, Opponents are smarter and balanced – Customers are more reasonable. These two sections are completely rewritten. Now actually the different opponents are playing differently
– You can check the computers and hardware of your opponents.
– You have a visible research tree – on which by clicking on a node you can add multiple techs at once.
– The research queue is also updated to show more information, to have filters and ordering capability
– You have new technologies such as coolers and others
– You can sell PC hardware components separately
– You can set discounts on your products (per country economy level)
– You have to take care of the cooling of your products
– New Product properties such as Heat, Noise, and Capacity
– There are user-groups in the game, namely: workers, gamers, casuals, and cheapskates – which are all behaving differently. (Better explained in the game)
– The game’s speed options are faster than before – for a smoother experience.
– You can continue playing after victory – and also you can choose from the different victory conditions right from the start before starting the game. – Basically you can play endlessly now – if you don’t go bankrupt (it was your request – still I’m not sure if it makes any sense).
– The game’s UI has been updated. Also, you have small extras such as the retro loading screen.
– You have a CTD (money) estimation about your products’ cost (not only a PP value)
– You can check the techs’ descriptions right on the hardware’s screen and you can see all the property values and extra information, too.
– You can freely change the name of your products – and there is no separated naming window for that.
– You have screens to compare your and your opponents’ hardware and computer
– You have a screen to check the user group scores of your and your opponents’ products per country – to find out why is it (not) selling.
– You don’t have a “recommended price” anymore, instead, you see the “average budget” of people per country economy for all the different kinds of hardware and computer designs that indicate the pricepoint where sales will start decreasing or increasing.
– CPU, GPU and Memory performance has more variables. Their performance also depends on the “multiplier” coming from production size and base frequency, core number, os support, etc. Overclocking generates heat!
– PC computers have more design rules, such as PC mobos always need interfaces, PC video cards are working only with mobos using the same interface, etc.
– OS multicore support increases the performance of computers with multicore CPUs.
– Extra tech features, such as Co-processors are adding to the base clock… etc.
– The game was optimized (Tho it is still far from perfect) to have a smaller system requirement.
– Forced obsolescence after 5 years is removed. But they have a natural lifecycle of first having a short amount of time in highlight and then losing interest on the market after a while.
– Option to have Integrated Graphics Cards on the motherboard.
– Countries have flags from now on
– The Wall Of TEXT crash course is replaced by a small step by step guide.
– Tooltips are rewritten – and hopefully, they have fewer typos!
– The choosable player bonuses are rebalanced (not all of them are simply 10%)
– LOTS of bugs have been fixed.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Children of Morta Brings its Family of Brave Heroes to the Nintendo Switch Today - November 20, 2019
- Black Desert Online Launches Crossover Event with Famous Anime ‘Berserk’ - November 20, 2019
- DiRT Rally 2.0 & F1 2019 Free Trials Available Now - November 20, 2019