Independent game studio ENDROAD — founded by former Ubisoft and Amplitude Studios veterans — is pleased to announce that Fallback — their 2.5D rogue-like action platformer launches tomorrow, October 11, on Steam for Windows PC. In the game, players guide their jet-pack equipped heroes through a dangerous underground complex, battling sinister robot guardians as they fight to return to the Earth’s surface. Players will navigate a procedurally generated Escher-esque perspective-shifting world where the camera creates a unique 2.5-dimensional feel and visual style. With more than 50 unlockable skills, would-be- warriors of Humanity will be able to create their own unique characters and battle the metal minions who aim to keep them underground and oppressed.
Battle to Return to Earth’s Surface and Save Humanity
“We are excited to introduce players to the exciting world of Fallback,” said Florian Le Gouriellec, Co-Founder of ENDROAD. “We hope everyone will be impressed by our gorgeous level designs and the unique camera system. Fallback will not only challenge players' platforming skills but keep them coming back for more with extensive character upgrades and challenges.” The story of Fallback follows a group of rebels attempting to escape the underworld and bring life (and Humanity) back to the long-abandoned surface. After a terrifying cataclysmic event, humanity retreated to the safety of an enormous underground bunker constructed by the mysterious Vesta Corporation. In order to ensure the facility is well-maintained and the remnants of humanity are cared for, Vesta has stocked the subterranean safe house with an army of robotic caretakers. Fast forward hundreds of years to the present, and what’s left of the human population yearns to return home — taking with them a bioengineered plant that promises to bring life back to the surface. Choosing to reject the hapless humans' request for freedom, these cybernetic custodians will try their best to make sure the humans remain underground under lock and key. In order to break the icy grip of their robotic overlords, a scrappy group of rebels have banded together, strapped on their jetpacks, and are ready to fight their way out and reclaim the Earth — one metallic monster at a time.Watch the official Fallback story trailer here:
In Fallback, players take control of the remnants of humanity, exiled to a subterranean city as they search for captured (and playable) rebel leaders ready to join the fight against their former caretakers-turned-jailers. As futuristic freedom fighters, players have access to a robust skill tree and a vast array of powerups that provide them with the power to master their jetpack and sword fighting skills. Survive attacks by the relentless Vesta Robots while also avoiding deadly traps that are doing their best to ensure players never leave their metallic tomb! “Procedurally generated” takes on a whole new meaning with multi-plane modular rooms in randomized combinations. Each run will be fresh but familiar, allowing players to grow their knowledge of the game’s world but also force them to stay on their toes and keep skills sharp.Key Features:
- Not 2D, not 3D — it’s 2.5D: A unique take on the traditional platformer, an Escher-inspired camera system allows players to shift perspectives, opening up new paths and hidden secrets!
- The Whole is Greater than the Sum of (a lot) of Parts: Players can combine more than 50 different skills and abilities to create the ultimate mech murdering man-at-arms. A deep and persistent skill tree gives players the incentive to die and come back stronger — along with limited, per-run upgrades to allow for near-limitless customization and character builds.
- Man vs. Machine Mayhem: Using their trusted Vesta™ brand sword and handy jetpack, rebel soldiers can leap, dodge, boost, blast, hack, slash, and generally make life miserable for their electronic enemies. Fast, fluid, and relentlessly challenging combat will keep players alert and ready to fight as they dismantle and destroy their artificial oppressors.
For the latest up-to-date news about Fallback, follow the game on Twitter, “like” ENDROAD on Facebook, and join the official Fallback Discord. A full press kit, including key art, logos, screenshots, and trailers can be found here: https://uberstrategist.link/Fallback-Press-Kit
Indie game development studio, ENDROAD, was founded in the French town of Nantes by five former Ubisoft and Amplitude Studios game developers. Their goal: to turn brave, daring, and innovative ideas into entertaining games that immerse players in the lives and worlds of their characters and embody the ideals of liberty, independence, and innovation in every pixel. ENDROAD aims to allow their players to access new paths — paths that begin where the beaten road ends. The team is currently developing their first title, Fallback — an edge of your seat 2.5D rogue-like platformer for Windows PC.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- INTERACTIVE FUTURES RETURNS IN 2020 - December 8, 2019
- Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? – Infinite Combate announced - December 8, 2019
- Shovel Knight’s Official Jazzy Lullabies Album Now Available - December 8, 2019