Is your rideshare driver more than just a star rating? Have you ever stopped to consider how their day is going? Fellow Traveller and Chance Agency are excited to announce their emotional survival game of rideshare driving in an AI-driven world, Neo Cab, will be arriving on October 3rd. It will be coming to both PC (Windows, Mac) at $14.99 USD and Nintendo Switch at $19.99 USD. Pre-orders are live on the Nintendo eShop right now, and players are also invited to try Neo Cab in a new demo on Steam or Nintendo Switch! How will you manage your emotions under pressure?
Maintain your humanity as the last rideshare driver in an automated cyberpunk future
Cab, an emotional survival game with a strong narrative focus,
challenges you to stay human in a world overcome by automation. Play as
Lina, one of the last human rideshare drivers in a near-future,
AI-driven world. Your friend and only lifeline has gone missing; with no
money and nowhere to stay, the only thing you can do is keep driving.
Use the Neo Cab app to navigate the city, choose your passengers, and
engage with them to learn their stories — and uncover the truth about
by the rise of our app-driven daily lives, Neo Cab Creative Lead
Patrick Ewing is eager to confront the possible perils of our automated
future saying, “What
are the merits of personal, human service and why are sterile,
automated interactions often presented as a core part of utopia? In Neo
Cab, Lina is one of the last human drivers, and so those who get into
her cab are in need of the human touch! Some of her passengers will
enjoy having a conversation while they get from Point A to Point B.
Others might prefer that automated utopia, and see Lina as just another
node in the service mesh of automated capitalism.”
Neo Cab will release on Oct. 3, 2019, for Windows, Mac, and Nintendo Switch.
- Meet a diverse cast of characters as you pick up passengers; everyone has their own story to tell.
- Balance Lina’s monetary needs, the necessity for a five-star rating, and the moods of your passengers with what feels right.
- A deeply branching storyline driven by your choices and your Feelgrid, a futuristic emotion-tracking tech.
- Featuring a neon-soaked original soundtrack by Obfusc (Monument Valley, House of Cards).
Find out more about Neo Cab:
- Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/794540/Neo_Cab/
- Nintendo eShop - https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/neo-cab
- Website - https://neocabgame.com/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/neocabgame
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/neocabgame/
About Chance Agency
Agency is a small, independent game studio based in San Francisco,
California. As individual artists, musicians, programmers, and writers,
their past works include Firewatch, Where the Water Tastes Like Wine, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Guild Wars 2 and Reigns: Her Majesty. They are excited to release Neo Cab, their first game as a team.
About Fellow Traveller
is an indie games label exploring the possibility space of what games
can be. Passionate about the vast and untapped potential of games as a
story-telling medium, its mission is to seek out pioneering game
developers working on unusual games with narrative at their core, help
these developers bring their creations to the world and to connect them
with players looking for something different.
known as Surprise Attack Games, the label was founded in 2011 and
rebranded as Fellow Traveller in 2018. You may know them for the hacking
game using real Unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller
series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), or the quiet
rumination on life and loss (The Stillness of the Wind).
Traveller’s sister company, The Treasure Hunters Fanclub, brings
together a group of experienced members of the games industry (the
fans), scouting for interesting projects from independent developers
(the treasure hunters) and puts together a deal that includes
indie-friendly funding from its members and a publishing deal with
Fellow Traveller. Money, marketing and mentorship in support of
independent creative vision.
- Cargo Company release date announced, Beta 2 available - August 2, 2021
- TSUGI RELEASES DSP ACTION: * DRAW * YOUR SOUNDS! - August 2, 2021
- Kon’nichiwa Mayor, and welcome to Tinytopia’s newest level: Tokyo! - August 2, 2021