Having built up an impressive amount of momentum so far this year with highlight reveals across the likes of Gamescom and PAX, Merge Games are delighted to announce that their whimsical top-down action adventure Sparklitewill release via PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on November 14th! Ahead of the release, Merge Games are also excited to unveil the brand-new key art for the game (which you see above and can find in the press kit) which gives another insight into the world of Sparklite ahead of November’s release!
Get ready to immerse yourself in the world of Geodia this November when Merge Games and Red Blue Games release their Zelda-inspired adventure Sparklite!
With a recent showing in Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase alongside unveilings across PAX events such as [email protected], ‘The Mix Seattle’, ‘Kinda Funny’ Showcase, as well as the ‘Monsters of Indie’ Superstar Dev Panel, Sparklite continues to make an impact as one of 2019’s most interesting and exciting Indie games to watch out for. Fusing together an arsenal of gadgets, guns and gear, Sparklite will have you exploring a diverse, procedurally-generated world to take down the titans of the mining industry and harness the power of Sparklite!
From solving puzzles to defeating a range of different bosses and enemies, Sparklite combines elements of classic adventure titles such as The Legend of Zelda alongside a unique blend of approachable roguelike elements. Get ready to immerse yourself in an ever changing world as you take Ada on a journey across an assortment of different biomes and save Geodia!
Ahead of release, Merge are running a Steam Wishlist promotion to receive exclusive content ahead of launch. They recently hit a new Wishlist mark of 15,000 where members of the community will now be receiving a free demo ahead of release! Each new mark achieved unlocks a special treat for the community and a final, mystery gift is unlocked at 55,000. Check out their Steam page for more information.
You can keep on top of all things Sparklite on the official Merge Games discord channel where there will be regular updates leading up to the release date.
- Stunning visuals – Intricate pixel art aesthetic inspired by retro classics
- Original soundtrack – GameCube inspired soundtrack by composer Dale North (Wizard of Legend)
- Explore the world of Sparklite – Five beautiful, procedurally generated biomes
- Invent your arsenal – Invent gadgets to solve puzzles and defeat enemies
- Battle bosses – Take on the Baron Mining Corp and its formidable gremlin Titans
- Meet the locals -Befriend the people of Geodia and help build The Refuge
Add Sparklite to your Steam Wishlist – https://store.steampowered.com/app/943140/Sparklite/
Keep up with everything Merge Games at the following links;
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/MergeGamesLtd/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/MergeGamesLtd
- Web – https://www.mergegames.com/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/MergeGamesLtd/
About Red Blue Games
Red Blue Games is an indie studio based out of Durham, NC. Founded in 2013 by twins, Edward and Lucas Rowe, they were later joined by their friend, Kevin Mabie. Growing up as twin brothers, co-founders Edward and Lucas began making games to share with one another. From Mario levels drawn on spools of printer paper to Lego-based RPGs, their many experiments instilled a love of game making from an early age. Similarly, Kevin developed his passion for game making when he was young; drawing alternative Zelda screens when bored in school, and replaying the tune of his favourite game tracks on his toy piano at home. Together, they’ve now turned their passion for game creation into Red Blue Games, where they make game experiences to share with the world. More information about Red Blue Games can be found at redbluegames.com.
About Merge Games
Merge is an independent video game publisher based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes interactive software worldwide for personal computers and video games consoles. Merge also specialises in publishing collectible games for retail and worldwide digital distribution for independent developers. More information about Merge products can be found at www.mergegames.com.
- Estranged: The Departure launches on Nintendo Switch - March 4, 2021
- PM Studios Goes BIG at New Game+ Expo! - March 4, 2021
- Kaze and the Wild Masks’ story trailer shows the 2D platformer is ready for action - March 4, 2021