Codemasters® today confirmed that the DiRT Rally 2.0™ World Championship will commence on 10th September. In partnership with Motorsport Network, the competitive gaming Championship is open to all players on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam). Players will compete in a series of online challenges, culminating in a live final at the Autosport International Show at the Birmingham NEC on the weekend of 11th January 2020.
The DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship heats will be played across three months, consisting of three weeks of qualifiers each with a pre-determined location,
stage and car class. All weekly winners across the three formats will qualify for the quarter finals with an additional place going to the players who have the fastest cumulative time each month. The quarter and semi finals will take place over the weekend of 7-8th December and will be broadcast live across DiRT Rally 2.0 and Motorsport Network channels. Players can choose between wheel or pad for the qualifiers. The DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship Final will be played on wheel only.
The dates for the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship qualifiers are as follows:
- 10th September: Poland – Kopina – H2 FWD
- 17th September: Argentina – Las Juntas – Group B 4WD
- 24th September: New Zealand – Te Awanga Forward – R5
- 8th October: Spain – Comienzo en Bellriu – Rally GT
- 15th October: USA – North Fork Pass – Group A
- 22nd October: Australia – Mount Kaye Pass – Group B 4WD
- 5th November: Poland – Czarny Las – H3 RWD
- 12nd November: New Zealand – Waimarama Point Reserve – R2
- 19th November: Spain – Decenso por carretera – R5
- 10th September: Hell, Norway – RX1600
- 17th September: Trois-Rivières, Canada – RX2
- 24th September: Lohéac Bretagne, France – RX Supercars
- 8th October: Montalegre, Portugal – RX Supercars
- 15th October: Silverstone, England – RX2
- 22nd October: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain – RX1600
- 5th November: Mettet, Belgium – RX2
- 12nd November: Höljes, Sweden – RX1600
- 19th November: Hell, Norway – RX Supercars
“After six months of planning, we are finally ready to launch the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship and we can’t wait to get started,” said Ross Gowing, DiRT Rally 2.0 Game Director at Codemasters. “Our players are passionate and love the thrill of competing. We look forward to crowning our inaugural World Champions in January and wish all our players the very best of luck.”
“We are delighted to be working with Codemasters to deliver the official DiRT Rally 2.0 esports programme,” said Stephen Hood, Motorsport Network. “The quality of their game, combined with our capabilities within the growing esports space, will serve to provide the community with a first-class series in which to showcase their talent.”
Motorsport Network serves its fans through an integrated digital ecosystem that speaks 17 languages and reaches over 30 million people every month. This includes a portfolio that spans everything from racing websites such as Autosport.com and Motorsport.com to ticketing and events and an OTT racing television network, Motorsport Network.
To participate, players must start the game on their chosen platform and navigate to the World Championship tab in the main menu. Drivers then select Qualifiers and select Qualifier Rally or Qualifier Rallycross. For more information go to the DiRT Rally 2.0Website, Facebook and Twitter.
# ENDS #
Codemasters (AIM:CDM) is an award winning British video game developer and publisher with over 30 years of heritage. The company specialises in high quality racing games including DiRT, GRID, ONRUSH and the BAFTA award-winning official F1® series of videogames.
About Motorsport Network:
Motorsport Network is an integrated digital platform that is the destination for millions of automotive and racing fans. We sit at the heart of the automotive and racing industries offering a global community of millions of fans the inside track on the world’s best teams, drivers and car brands and experiences no one else can.
All copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. Developed and published by Codemasters.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- New Scary Gameplay Video for Moons of Madness / System Requirements Revealed - October 18, 2019
- MTG Arena Friend List Social Features Delayed - October 18, 2019
- WORLD WAR Z DEVELOPER SABER INTERACTIVE ACQUIRES BIGMOON ENTERTAINMENT - October 18, 2019