devcom 2019 ended on Monday after receiving plenty of positive feedback from all sides. During the two days before gamescom, devcom 2019 gave a warm welcome to more attendees than ever before.
Over the course of the developer conference more than 90 speeches were held, with two keynotes delivered by Cristian Pana (Ubisoft Massive) and Randy Varnell (Gearbox). devcom, as an important developer event beyond the borders of Germany and even Europe, also had a high number of international partners. Building on its successes over the last two years, many traditions were continued, such as the devcom Indie-Awards.
devcom 2019 ended on Monday after receiving plenty of positive feedback from all sides. During the two days before gamescom, devcom 2019
One of the brightest moments and the latest addition to devcom this year were the HEROES Award. Europe’s first ‘Persons of the year awards’ have been given to the great people working for behind the scenes of the industry. They have been awarded to Jo Twist (CEO UKIE), Celia Hodent (Game UX Consultant), Philomena Schwab (Co-Founder Stray Fawn Studio), Damir Durovic (Co-Founder & CEO Reboot) and Graeme Struthers (Co-Founder Devolver Digital) this year.
Another event that has been further established and expanded is the Women in Games networking event, which returned this year as the cosy Women’s Networking Breakfast, in cooperation with Womenize! and open to all genders. An active push towards diversity in the gaming industry and inclusion was also made with the expansion of the already extensive indie area.
Stephan Reichart, Head of devcom, announced: “We are pleased our event has been such a great success and made a significant impact once again. On a big and a small scale, we have achieved so many things – from the first time the HEROES-Awards took place, to all the up-and-coming indie developers that were able to go back home with new knowledge and experiences.”
Reichart continues: “Next year we are happy to surpass our own expectations once more! We already have big plans for devcom 2020, which we will of course still keep a surprise for now.”
Felix Falk, Managing Director of game – the German Games Industry Association, shareholder of devcom: ” devcom 2019 was by far the best: New formats such as the HEROES Awards, the further development of existing events such as the Women’s Networking Breakfast, the much closer integration with gamescom and the great international attendance contributed to this success. Stephan Reichart and his team did a great job and I’m already looking forward to devcom 2020.”
The devcom-Team looks forward to hosting devcom 2020 in Cologne from August 22.-24.
About devcom 2019
devcom is the official gamescom developer event since 2017 and with more than 2,500 attendees in 2018 Europe’s annual ‚must attend‘ developers conference taking place from 18-19 August 2019, paving the way for gamescom, the world’s biggest video games exhibition.
Join us for the exclusive devcom Networking Dinner on Saturday evening, have a hot cup of coffee and tasty snacks on the showfloor, check out numerous business and indie exhibitors showcasing their services and games, witness the brandnew devcom HEROES award– Europe’s first ‘Persons of the year award’ –, and attend our open-air devcom Sunset Party and devcom NRW Indie Developer Night. On top, devcom offers you and your team turnkey ready HR booths to scout for new talents, secluded rooms to organize your own individual press conference, as well as an excellent matchmaking app to plan your meeting schedule.
devcom 2019 features:
- a Saturday evening Networking dinner: dine and connect with the faces of the games industry
- an expo area: showcase and promote your services and tools to game developers
- a two-day conference program – share and learn with experts and your peers
- an indie area: discover and play the next indie game hit
- a business area: meet and network with decision makers
- an HR area: promote and recruit new talents
- a PR Conference Room: schedule your personal conference and present your games to the press
- the devcom HEROES Award show – uncover and reward the people behind the screen
- as well as 2 parties: the devcom Sunset Party on Sunday evening and the big devcom NRW Indie Developer Night on Monday evening – mingle and celebrate with us!
- TEAM KIDS playing Roblox Ghost simulator we made the leap of Faith - July 10, 2020
- PUBG MOBILE FURTHERS ANTI-CHEAT MEASURES WITH NEW SPECTATING SYSTEM UPGRADE - July 10, 2020
- Modest Hero coming to Steam on July 14, Bastille day - July 10, 2020