Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, the popular fighting game by developer nWay in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) and global content leader Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One, today released a third update (v1.4). The latest update introduces the iconic Lord Zedd character, completes the game’s Story Mode with the third act, and provides numerous gameplay improvements.
Key details of the downloadable content include:
● Lord Zedd (Season One - Character 3): The self-proclaimed "Emperor of Evil," Lord Zedd has conquered and enslaved much of the galaxy. Initially leaving the "insignificant" Earth for Rita Repulsa to conquer, he returns to punish her for her failure and finish what she started.
Lord Zedd wields his Z-Staff to blast his enemies from range but can also pull them in to close to unleash devastating attacks.
His combo potential is high and even more impressive when he calls upon the Putties to help aid in him in battle.
Lord Zedd is available for purchase as part of Season One Pass for $14.99, which also includes Trey of Triforia and Jenn Scotts characters, and Jason Lee Scott with Dragon Shield character skin. Lord Zedd can also be purchased individually for $5.99.
● Story Act III: The Finale: Lord Drakkon and his army continue to travel through dimensions, conquering the Rangers and threatening all existence. With the fate of reality at stake, Zordon and Commander Cruger ask Rita Repulsa to join forces in order to stop Lord Drakkon and his powerful army. Tune into Act III and find out if Rita has been convinced to join the Rangers to defeat her old apprentice.
Story Act III is included in the free v1.4 update.
● Gameplay Enhancements: The new update includes:
○ Combat improvements to make the battles even more fun and engaging
○ Ability for players to preset their favorite teams
○ Improved PlayStation 4 online play
○ Online matchmaking improvements
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid pits current and classic POWER RANGERS and villains from the multiverse’s 25 year history against one another in epic 3v3 tag team battles. The controls promote simplicity and fluidity, enabling beginners to enjoy the combat system and encouraging advanced players to delve into its gameplay mechanics, which include real-time assist takeover, dynamic defense through push blocking and aerial guard, customizable juggle combos, and a unique Megazord comeback mode.
nWay is a San Francisco-based developer, publisher & tech platform for competitive multiplayer games across mobile, PC, and consoles. nWay’s proprietary backend tech platform nWayPlay enables fast development, prototyping, and operations of cross-play, real-time multiplayer games. The company has a strong track record of developing AAA quality games on mobile and on console such as recently launched Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, and ChronoBlade. nWay is comprised of leading developers and senior executives from Sony, Electronic Arts, WB Games, LucasArts, Kabam, Nexon and NCSoft. Collectively, the team has contributed to over a dozen hit mobile, console, and online games, including Marvel Contest of Champions, Injustice, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Dominations, FIFA, Battlefield Online, Lineage II, and Warhammer. For more information about nWay visit nway.com.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy.
Hasbro ranked No. 13 on the 2019 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past eight years. Learn more at hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
The first major new studio in decades, Lionsgate is a global content platform whose films, television series, digital products and linear and over-the-top platforms reach next-generation audiences around the world. In addition to its filmed entertainment leadership, Lionsgate content drives a growing presence in interactive and location-based entertainment, gaming, virtual reality and other new entertainment technologies. Lionsgate’s content initiatives are backed by a 17,000-title film and television library and delivered through a global licensing infrastructure. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with original, daring and ground-breaking content created with special emphasis on the evolving patterns and diverse composition of the Company’s worldwide consumer base.
- Soda Dungeon 2 coming to Steam and mobile on July 9th - May 27, 2020
- Ghibli-inspired Puzzle-Platformer Eternal Hope Explores Love, Life, and Death — Coming to Xbox and PC - May 27, 2020
- Summer Game Fest is almost here! - May 27, 2020