Today’s latest addition to the already impressive line-up of speakers amazes with even more highlight orators, keen to share their insights with attendees of this year’s devcom. The developer conference is taking place in Cologne/Germany ahead of Gamescom on August 18 and 19.
Keynote-speaker Randy Varnell, as well as Charles Cecil, Andreas Öjerfors, Alyssa Hägglund, Aydin Azfoud and Sybil Collas have confirmed their talks at devcom
With the long-awaited upcoming release of Borderlands 3, Randy Varnell, Gearbox’ Managing Producer of Narrative, will share his experiences of creating the story of the game. His keynote speech will take us on a ride behind the scenes of Borderlands 3 and share insights into how the studio took the ‘skag by its tail’ to re-ignite a beloved story-driven franchise, continue an epic saga for returning fans, and build a spaceship to launch new fans into our universe. And puns.
Industry Legend Charles Cecil, founder of Revolution Software, will talk about how his experience of writing adventures for almost 40 years has culminated in the creation of Beyond a Steel Sky. Charles will describe the creative and technical challenges of writing an adventure set in a unique world, populated by wilful characters driven by advanced AI, that will respond to – and be subverted by – the player’s actions.
Speaker list for this year includes likes of Charles Cecil, Alyssa Hägglund and Sybil Collas.
MachineGames will host a fireside chat, moderated by Dean Takahashi, Lead Writer at GamesBeat and VentureBeat. The Game Designers Andreas Öjerfors, Aydin Afzoud and Alissa Hägglund will discuss the step from singleplayer to coop.
Having worked as a Freelance Narrative Designer and Writer on Life Is Strange 2, Sybil Collas will join a fireside chat with Pia Jacqmart, Lead Narrative Designer at Cyanide, and Don Daglow, a pioneer of the gaming industry itself. Together, they will talk about player story and the challenges of biased diversity.
An overview of all confirmed speakers of devcom 2019 so far can be found on the official homepage: https://www.devcom.global/speakers/.
Tickets for devcom 2019 are available via the official website: https://www.devcom.global/#tickets.
About devcom 2019
devcom is the official gamescom developer event since 2017 and with more than 2,500 attendees in 2018 Europe’s annual ‚must attend‘ developers conference taking place from 18-19 August 2019, paving the way for gamescom, the world’s biggest video games exhibition.
Join us for the exclusive devcom Networking Dinner on Saturday evening, have a hot cup of coffee and tasty snacks on the showfloor, check out numerous business and indie exhibitors showcasing their services and games, witness the brandnew devcom HERO award– Europe’s first ‘Persons of the year award’ –, and attend our open-air devcom Sunset Party and devcom NRW Indie Developer Night. On top, devcom offers you and your team turnkey ready HR booths to scout for new talents, secluded rooms to organize your own individual press conference, as well as an excellent matchmaking app to plan your meeting schedule.
devcom 2019 features:
- a Saturday evening Networking dinner: dine and connect with the faces of the games industry
- an expo area: showcase and promote your services and tools to game developers
- a two-day conference program – share and learn with experts and your peers
- an indie area: discover and play the next indie game hit
- a business area: meet and network with decision makers
- an HR area: promote and recruit new talents
- a PR Conference Room: schedule your personal conference and present your games to the press
- the devcom HERO Award show – uncover and reward the people behind the screen
- as well as 2 parties: the devcom Sunset Party on Sunday evening and the big devcom NRW Indie Developer Night on Monday evening - mingle and celebrate with us!
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- 90s Survival Horror Throwback “Song of Horror” Returns on January 30th with Episode 4 - January 24, 2020
- Eternal card game: Strangers Return in Echoes of Eternity! - January 24, 2020
- Start the Year of the Rat with the Lunar Sale on GOG.COM - January 24, 2020