Ubisoft has announced a free brand new game mode for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, Mercenaries, which will be available from July 18th . Mercenaries is an eight-player free-for-all PvPvE gameplay experience. The objective is to call for rescue, locate and reach the extraction point, then be the first to board the chopper. The new game mode will be available on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Windows PC.
New Game Mode ‘Mercenaries’ Will Be Available From July 18th
At the beginning of the match, the extraction point is unknown and players will have no ranged weapons, gear or items. Players will need to locate and activate radio transmitters to shrink the possible extract zone on the map. In the meantime, players will fight to be the first to gain intel on transmitter locations while looting gear, weapons and money. After the first player has activated three transmitters, the chopper will head to the extraction point and once landed, the location will be revealed to everyone. The first player to fill their extraction gauge and board the chopper wins.
Mercenaries mode introduces a wealth of new mechanics including:
- Looting for Gear: Players start the game just with a melee weapon and will need to find the best gear, weapons and consumables to fight the Unidad forces and enemy players. If a player dies, they will lose all of the loot gathered and start at square one when they respawn.
- Armor: Mercenaries mode will feature a new health and armor system. Based on the gear players pick up, an armor bar will appear. This bar will absorb a percentage of damage based on the penetration capability of the opponent's weapon.
- Health: If players are hit by a weapon that deals penetration damage, they will bleed and gradually lose a percentage of their health. If they are injured, they will be able to loot three different types of healing items to get back into fighting shape: medikits, bandages and syringes.
- Destructible Doors: Destructible doors can be opened with CQC, behind which players may find intel, loot, or cover to aid them in their fight. Players will need to think tactically about when to use this as opponents will be able to hear the breaking doors if they are close by.
Additionally, as a thank-you to players, the Lone Wolf Costume will be given as a reward after completing their first match. Along with the Lone Wolf Costume, players will be able to receive a series of rewards based on their wins.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands also has a Rewards Program available to all players until September 27th, 2019. Jump back into the Wildlands, complete the set challenges, and redeem special rewards in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint. All rewards will also unlock unique ‘Memories of the Wildlands’ dialogues. More information can be found at: ghostrecon.com/RewardsProgram
Developed by Ubisoft Paris,* Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands is a military-shooter which can be played in up to four-player co-op or single-player. Players have total freedom to accomplish their missions how they want and watch as the world reacts to their actions. Players can choose to move quietly in the night, go in hot at dawn or work together to execute a sync shot that takes out enemies in one fell swoop. Each choice has a consequence, and players must improvise or adapt their plans to ensure the completion and success of each mission. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War allows players to live the ultimate co-op experience in 4v4 modes. Featuring a growing roster of classes, maps and modes, Ghost War focuses on teamwork, strategy and tense tactical engagements.
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, please visit ghostrecon.com, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/ghostrecon and on Facebook at facebook.com/ghostrecon and join the conversation by using #ghostrecon.
For the latest about Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands and other Ubisoft games, please visit news.ubisoft.com.
*In collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Bordeaux, Bucharest, Montpellier, Milan, Belgrade, and Reflections studios.
About Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon
Launched in 2001 with critical acclaim from fans, the Ghost Recon franchise has since been played by 30 million players thanks to breakthrough releases and has become the best-selling Tom Clancy’s brand in the last generation of consoles and PC. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands brings the franchise to the next level with an episode designed from the ground up for a new generation, featuring a massive and visually stunning open world, playable for the first time online in four-player co-op.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands is a work of fiction. Like similar Tom Clancy’s games from Ubisoft, the game takes place in a modern universe inspired by reality, but the characters, locations and stories are created solely for entertainment purposes. Bolivia was chosen as the background for this game due to its magnificent landscapes and rich culture. While the game’s premise imagines a different reality than the one that exists in Bolivia today, we do hope that the in-game world comes close to representing the country’s beautiful topography, and that players enjoy exploring the diverse and open landscapes it moved us to create. Any resemblance to actual events or any real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Just Dance, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy’s video game series including Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018–19 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated net bookings of €2,029 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Bitfury Group Launches Artificial Intelligence Division - August 23, 2019
- Market Jar Media Inc. Announces the Launch of SmallCapFunding.com - August 23, 2019
- Two Tribes Limited edition versions of things like ‘Toki Tori Collection’ being made available. Switch - August 23, 2019