Gibbous, the Kickstarter-funded, traditionally animated and hand-painted adventure is releasing on PC, Mac and Linux this 7 August. Cthulhu may yet rise but for now, the uncaring universe just makes a very cynical cat start talking. See for yourself in the latest trailer: https://youtu.be/Zfbel8N52xY and wishlist Gibbous on Steam: http://gibbousgame.com/steam
Transylvanian studio Stuck In Attic takes players on a spooky quest to make a cat stop talking on Steam and GOG next month.
Kooky cults are popping up everywhere, and Detective Don R. Ketype is on the hunt for the Necronomicon, an evil tome which could cause chaos in the wrong hands. But unsuspecting librarian Buzz Kerwan stumbles upon it and accidentally transforms his cat, Kitteh, into a talking abomination. Being humanized? Quite a downgrade. The three set off on a globe-trotting quest to turn Kitteh back to cathood, uncover greater conspiracies and darker forces at work, and try to figure out the secret behind the Necronomicon’s incommensurable power.
“Gibbous was born out of the unnatural union of comedy, cosmic horror, and local flvour we’re
we’re born and raised in Transylvania, and our Lovecraftian world reflects that. We’ve hand-crafted an adventure game that tackles eldritch abominations with warmth, candour, and a pinch of the absurd. Plus – there’s a talking black cat. Everything’s better with a talking black cat,” said Liviu Boar, Creative Director at Stuck In Attic.
A comedy cosmic horror adventure made in Transylvania.
Darkham, with its crooked gambrel roofs, dark alleys, and a past shrouded in secrecy, never really was a welcoming place, but nowadays? Kooky cults are popping up everywhere, and that most evil book, the Necronomicon, is spoken of in trembling whispers once more.
Detective Don R. Ketype is on the case to retrieve the mysterious evil tome, but unsuspecting librarian Buzz Kerwan stumbles upon it and accidentally transforms his cat, Kitteh, into a walking, talking abomination. Being humanized? Quite a downgrade.
Gibbous is a comedy cosmic horror game – a modern adventure that is classically inspired, features gorgeous HD art, detailed traditional animation, and a lengthy story that will see the three protagonists travel around the world and deal with abominations both cosmic and human-made, voodoo, and Things That Should Not Be. From Lovecraft Country to Transylvania, set off on a quest to get a very cynical cat to stop talking.
• Over 60 hand-painted, detailed environments inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature;
• Fluid traditional 2d animation with a Disney-esque look and feel;
• Two protagonists and a talking ca— Okay, three. Three protagonists;
• Upwards of 70 fully voiced, crazy characters;
• Special guest appearance by Doug Cockle, voice of the Witcher;
• Contains most genuine Transylvanian accent in games and media, like, ever;
• Over 4 hours of lush original soundtrack featuring live instruments;
• A lengthy cinematic story that spans continents and more;
• Moment to moment humor, darker arching plot;
• Dynamic lighting, real time reflections and weather system;
• Integrated hint system to help you when you’re stuck;
• Fully animated cartoon cutscenes that punctuate important story beats;
• Over 12,000 voiced dialogue lines;
• Custom voiced responses for all the crazy combinations you can think of;
• Lovingly made near Vlad the Impaler’s birthplace;
• No cutesifying or making fun of the Old Ones, praise their Dark Names;
• Did we mention the talking cat?
Over 60 hand-painted, detailed environments inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature
Fluid traditional 2D animation
Two protagonists and a talking ca- Okay, three. Three protagonists
70+ fully voiced characters, including a special guest appearance by Doug Cockle, voice of the Witcher
A lush original soundtrack featuring live instruments
Integrated hint system to help you when you’re stuck
Lovingly made near Vlad the Impaler’s birthplace
No cutesifying or making fun of the Old Ones, praise their Dark Names
Did we mention the talking cat?
About Stuck In Attic:
Stuck In Attic is an indie game studio from Transylvania, Romania comprised of three people and several cats. Its founders come from a mini-animation studio producing music videos for The Pixies and Vlad Dobrescu (who appears in Gibbous) and 2D animated feature Aetas, they’ve talked a programmer into joining the team and creating hand-crafted narrative worlds either funny, or creepy, or both.
Follow the studio on Twitter and visit the website for more information.
For press/influencer enquiries, contact: [email protected]
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment no.1 source in, Gaming news, Live Game Streaming , PC Gaming & related Events E3, Gamecon and more, eSports event news and releases gaming technologies.
Fandomfare Gaming Entertainment Video Games | Game Reviews | Game Streaming |Linux Distribution | more than 20-year online gaming and following the gaming industry\
Latest posts by JADIRI GAMER (see all)
- Pre-Purchase Asphalt 9: Legends Today, Launching on Nintendo Switch October, 8Th - September 16, 2019
- “Bloom: Memories” Continues Despite Troubled Development - September 16, 2019
- Three new dinosaurs arrive in Jurassic World Evolution: Herbivore Dinosaur Pack today - September 16, 2019